• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Pop quiz. Can anyone name which of the 4 rules this breaks and cite 2 possible unintended consequences? :)
    I'm guessing #1 is no Furry parties in woods and #2 is leave the butt plug with foxtail at-home when headed to woods.

Sent from some where out there.

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    Seeing what pigs do to my property, if I see a pig, I shoot it with whatever I have. I would have shot it with the 22 as well.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    This is why people who do not understand the massive problems feral swine cause( Nate, this is not JUST directed at you) do not understand the difference between eradication and hunting.

We will go out with ARs with night vision and thermal optics. When we roll across a sounder it is put lead in pigs. Anything still flopping gets a .22 to the head or a knife across the throat. 99% of the pigs we exterminate are fed to vultures and coyotes.

If anyone has a problem with this, I suggest you buy land and experience the destruction these invasive pests cause and then get back to us.

When you see them you kill them with whatever you have on hand. We have run them over with a 4x4 ranch vehicle when there is no quick shot available. They are no different than fire ants or zebra mussels

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    Shooting can't keep up, have to trap them.

By by the way, market is way down on ferals, like 5$ a pig..........might as well drop em.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    CHRONICcartman,

I like the Remington Model 760 PUMP-rifle in .300 Savage for hogs. - Plenty of power, not much noise to scare of other pigs in the general area, not much recoil & a fast 2nd/3rd/4th shot.
    (My 760 has an "old school" Aim-Point sight that works fine until "black dark", that I paid 35 bucks for on ebay.)

just my OPINION, satx

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    With that rifle? No, but she's still young; only had her a year. My 1894 has got a comma, but doesn't quite match the OP's criteria. :p Everyone is so anxious to try the latest and greatest AR wildcat, whether -15 or -10 platform. I did the 6.8 for a few years but now that you can build a lightweight AR308 for about the same money, it's kinda obsolete. Ammo is plentiful and affordable, for either cheap plinking ammo, premium hunting ammo, etc.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am wanting a semi-auto to go hog hunting. I have three 30 calibers but they're all WWII firearms and I don't want to mod them. One of them is a M44 Mosin carbine, it has a new stock because the original stock was beat to hell... so that could actually be actually option but I would ideally want a semi-auto. I have a AR with a 20in bull barrel but I think .223 is just too small. I've thought about to PTR91 or the FAL. FAL has a drawback on the fact the glass would go on top of the top cover and every time it's cleaned you have to resize sight in. AR 10's are expensive.

What calibers would you recommend and what semi-auto would you recommend?

For the AR-15, 300 BLK would be a good option. Ballistically, it's not that far off from being a 30-30. Alternatively, there's the 6.8mm SPC or the 6.5 Grendel.

The 25-45 Sharps is also something to consider. an 87gr bullet at 3000 FPS is nothing to sneeze at.

Top Bottom