Hitch-Mounted Hoist For Game. Who uses one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    My arm is currently in bandages from another wrist surgery. The bandages will be off soon, but I will be on light duty for quite a while with that arm, maybe permanently. Apparently, I am going to need some sort of game hoist for my truck, maybe some sort of trailer hitch non-permanent addition.

Do any of y'all use a hitch mounted game hoist of some sort and do you like it?

I was thinking of something like this as it is lightweight, but only goes to 300 lbs (not that I shoot hogs over 300 lbs very often, LOL). Thoughts?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    While on hunting safari all of the trucks have front winches, in the beds they all had a seats. Part of the seat fabrication was a padded front rest like a roll bar. In the middle of the roll bar was a received that they could drop in that had a pulley.

When something big was killed they would drop the tail gate. The winch cable was let out then brought back ward, and into the pulley then out the back of the bed.

They had the thick mats that came from conveyor belts. The animal was rolled onto the mat and then secured by lacing it on. Then the mat was connected to the winch and pulled into the bed of the truck. Most of the hunting trucks were Toyota HiLux’s. The hunt seat took up about a third of the bed, leaving 2/3 for the dead animal .

Top Bottom