Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    This is just a suggestion so you guys feel free to push back.

I'd like to see the subject vehicle be not just body-on-frame but also small, giving us more complete destruction per pound of Tannerite and less mass to police and load up at the end of the day. I think the explosion would be just as satisfying to witness. Was anyone actually disappointed that the Neon was smaller than the Caddy, for example?

I realize that something body-on-frame and small makes the pool of candidates smaller, so that might put a kibosh on the whole concept but I think it's worth exploring. Something like a clapped-out, 1998 Kia Sportage would work. Or any small truck. And no, in deference to certain readers, I won't mention anything Jeep.:)

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Was anyone actually disappointed that the Neon was smaller than the Caddy, for example?
    Not particularly but Jonathan stretching that Caddy to double length was impressive ;). My favorite is still flipping the MG so it's not pure bulk that is entertaining.

There's millions of old BOF cars rusting away in yards and behind warehouses, it's just a matter of getting out of the car and going to ask someone if they'd like it hauled off, for free.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    There's millions of old BOF cars rusting away in yards and behind warehouses, it's just a matter of getting out of the car and going to ask someone if they'd like it hauled off, for free.
    You're right, of course, but wouldn't that most likely create the dreaded "no-title" problem?

BTW - If anybody finds a mid-1960s Rambler Classic 660, it's not a candidate for the boom-boom. PM me, instead.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    What was the issue with the unibody car? I wasn't there so I am a little in the dark on that.

When I get home I will talk to a couple local junkyards and see if I can pull something off. They are pretty redneck so maybe.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    What was the issue with the unibody car? I wasn't there so I am a little in the dark on that.

When I get home I will talk to a couple local junkyards and see if I can pull something off. They are pretty redneck so maybe.

Flying parts, too many and too far. BOF cars didn't have near the same intensity.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Clarke and I will be doing a Lil scoot n shoot on the tac lanes. Anybody wanna do some friendly competition? I'm thinking maybe like they do it on NRA Noir?

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I thought JD was gonna dump the tac lanes and turn it into something else. Maybe add on to the 25yd rifle area since it's always crowded.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I spoke with him about that and he said no because the military guys come out and use the Tac lanes. So we're back to having nothing to do to volunteer :/

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    Never been there before - from googling, is this just outside Gatesville, about 20 miles west of Waco? If so, that's not too far from Dallas at all...

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Never been there before - from googling, is this just outside Gatesville, about 20 miles west of Waco? If so, that's not too far from Dallas at all...
    Technically South Mountain but yes, you got it. You'll be in good company, lots of people come in from DFW. I drive nearly 200mi, one guy comes up from Brazoria County so roughly 250 miles. Bring your favorite/wildest iron and @ 20 boolits, you'll be set. ;)

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Clarke and I will be doing a Lil scoot n shoot on the tac lanes. Anybody wanna do some friendly competition? I'm thinking maybe like they do it on NRA Noir?

Sounds good. I need some more video and pictures for the sites (which are starting to come together finally, work has been too busy).

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom