• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    so here is the deal...
    i love my 12 gauge and my .22, but frankly there is no reason for me to have the .22 as i dont go to ranges or shoot on my friends land anymore. and i never used the .22 anyways because a week after i purchased the gun from academy my friend started talking about how we might not be able to go out there and shoot anymore......needless to say, i spent more money on the .22 and making it a pretty cool looking weapon.

well i understand your forums rules about selling and that right now via your rules i am not applicable to sell on here, however this is all local and all i need is help.
    i just need the extra money for more important things right now...i have been trying to set up something with gun broker, but the comfortable alternative would be that someone here would be able to meet me...
    but bear in mind that this is not a for sale post as i do want to abridge the rules of the forum.

Tactical T6 stock, it was about $105
    Tactical innovations 25 rd clip was $70 something, these are expensive because they are aircraft aluminum
    Flashlight was ridiculous, has a hold light and an auto on switch
    forend grip did not come with the stock, but is the T6 forend and was $20
    the red dot was $120
    and the semi auto Ruger .22 was $299 at academy, i know that the prices vary and this was not a great deal
    wow even adding that up is depressing me
    and i do still have the original stock.

no for sale price is listed because i can not stress enough that this is not a for sale post....i will wait i guess til i am allowed to use the for sale thread and this will make its way there...

so i guess a question i have is with this non used, i never once shot this gun, cleaning kit, and many rounds i could also sell, how much would be a good price not to get rid of it quickly, but valued?

there is only one scratch that can not be seen in the pictures, or in general when looking at the gun, the T6 stock covers it, and i believe the stock stock will as well, but i cant confirm since the scratch was left when switching stocks.

thank you for any and all feedback

---Brad
    .22 3..jpg .22 2..jpg .22..jpg .22 1..jpg
    Guns International

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Welcome to the Forum! You'll find this is an understanding bunch, the mods just want to make sure good people join and stick around and participate in the madness!

Nice looking 10/22...if you are needing help, you'll also find some very "helpful" people around here!

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    thanks a lot guys, im used to my car forum where there is little room for people BS'ing....
    but i really need the money elsewhere :P
    however, i actually like this forum and will deffinately keep my 12 gauge tactical remington, so i dont see why i would go.

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    and to be honest, i really do like the gun....it is just not logical for me to have that as protection with the shotgun next to it in the guncase :P
    it is very nice though

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    so anyone have some guess on a selling price?
    i might sell it to one of my friends
    but they know what is what so i cant say 600 haha

im thinking somewhere in the ballpark of 450.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I'd venture a guess at $450-500. The challenge here is that this is gonna be a "cool gun" type of purchase, rather than a "practical" one - as you've found out for yourself, it LOOKS good, but ain't real practical - but there's gonna be SOMEONE out there that'll want it!

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    haha, heck id love to keep it but the money can deffinately go elsewhere right now...as said before, i even have two boxes of 1500 rounds and a cleaning kit with it..

and you pretty much pegged my thinking on this....it is a cool gun. just hoping someone on here will go for it....im just tryin to expand my market, obviously my friends think it is hardcore, but half of them dont know it is a low caliber weapon that is (was) bought to have fun and blow through rounds without the dent in the pocket like my 12 gauge..

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    In my eyes the issue is, while it may be a well-built rifle, it's still a .22LR and $450-500 is gonna be a hard sell in today's economy. Much like cars, many times the modifications/upgrades get lost on a sale, it might be better to restore the gun back into its original configuration (you did say you still have the original stock) and sell the other parts separately for the maximum return on your investment. Plus, 1500 rounds of .22 doesn't cost a lot, depending on what kind of ammo it is...

That said, I have recently been bitten by the .22 bug after buying my oldest son a Savage 64FXP. I've since picked up a GSG-5 and while it is a finicky rifle, it is a blast to shoot and as you said, cheap to do so. I like .22 as a small varmit caliber and for plinking, but it really doesn't make for a serious hunting caliber and such upgrades as the $120 red dot is a bit over the top (I use a $32 Tasco one on the GSG, and it works fine). Same is true for the flashlight, in my opinion.

Those are just my thoughts, since you asked, take them for what they're worth. You can always try posting it for sale at the aforementioned price of $450-500 and see if anyone bites. You never know, it could be exactly what someone is looking for...

Good luck! M2

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    In my eyes the issue is, while it may be a well-built rifle, it's still a .22LR and $450-500 is gonna be a hard sell in today's economy. Much like cars, many times the modifications/upgrades get lost on a sale, it might be better to restore the gun back into its original configuration (you did say you still have the original stock) and sell the other parts separately for the maximum return on your investment. Plus, 1500 rounds of .22 doesn't cost a lot, depending on what kind of ammo it is...

That said, I have recently been bitten by the .22 bug after buying my oldest son a Savage 64FXP. I've since picked up a GSG-5 and while it is a finicky rifle, it is a blast to shoot and as you said, cheap to do so. I like .22 as a small varmit caliber and for plinking, but it really doesn't make for a serious hunting caliber and such upgrades as the $120 red dot is a bit over the top (I use a $32 Tasco one on the GSG, and it works fine). Same is true for the flashlight, in my opinion.

Those are just my thoughts, since you asked, take them for what they're worth. You can always try posting it for sale at the aforementioned price of $450-500 and see if anyone bites. You never know, it could be exactly what someone is looking for...

Good luck! M2

though this is certainly agreeable, i know the rounds are cheap, but im saying i would sell with and cleaning kit, this would mainly be so very little was required to get goin and shooting. and of course it isnt for hunting haha, it would be a fun gun to just go through some rounds and hit targets. i see the logic in setting it back to stock but i would be sellin with the stock so anyone who purchased would be perfectly able to do as you said. and though the parts seem overkill, as i said i went with quality parts. plus they all fit standard dovetail so any of the items, forend, red dot, and flashlight, can go on anything else you have....for example, i actually wanted the red dot on my 12 guage just for kicks and looks, but didnt do so because my 870 has the gunmetal finish and is pretty fragile. the rail i put on the shotgun would take off bits of paint so i did away with that and never tried to attatch them

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    damn, i was jsut going to suggest keeping the addons (not the stock ofcourse) and putting them on the shotgun. i have seen a mount that replaces teh front sling swivel and offers three picatiny rails, so you could slap a light and a laser and a chainsaw bayonet or whatever on there.

honestly though i could see shelling out 300 maybe 350 for this. but you never know what you are going to use those extra parts for.
    lights and redots are hadny thigns, if you plan of buying another gun later on, you might kick yourself when you realize that a light or redot would work quite well with them.

though, i know where you are coming from on needing the moeny in diffrent areas.

but as they say, for every nail a hammer.

you gotta know as soon as you sell it one of your pals is goignt o call you up and say "grab your .22 we are goin squirrel huntin int he mornin' sighting in at the range this afternoon!" same prinicple as when you send off for a new social security card and find your old wallet when you get home from the post office....

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    haha thanks for the reply man, it was a good read and you deffinately had points to make. i get that in the real market, this item wont retain value as purchased though, but with everything i would include being wrapped in, and the gun un-fired, i feel like 400-450 would be worth it for the buyer. as you said, the items are handy. so regardless of peoples opinion on fancy-tricked out .22's so to speak, the items could be reversed to its true form, and the other attatchments could be used or sold. as you said, they are handy. and knowing the reliability of this rifle makes me not want to get rid of it, trust me....it would also be much easier to just keep...but, neither here nor there as my financial situation comes calling.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Basically, what you're saying is that you expect a buyer to purchase a rifle that they don't want, convert it back to what they do want, and then sell all those parts they didn't want in the first place? They'll probably just go to Academy. Lots less work.

Really, I think your best bet is to put the original parts back on, sell the rifle, and ebay the rest of the parts. You'll get closer to your overall asking price that way.

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    Basically, what you're saying is that you expect a buyer to purchase a rifle that they don't want, convert it back to what they do want, and then sell all those parts they didn't want in the first place? They'll probably just go to Academy. Lots less work.

no that is actually not at all what i had posted about. the items all are compatible with other standard dovetail rails. im employing the idea for usage of the "over the top" items, for different guns. by no means am i saying that you should deconstruct the gun and sell everything. but for what i am selling, that is something a buyer could do obviously. thanks for the input? but im really not sure also why you would prefer to go to academy for the same gun when it is oodles cheaper from me, unused with the quality parts. all i was doing was explaining that there are different options available due to the parts. i suppose the only thing the buyer would have to do, is take the stock off and convert it themselves if they want...........its one takedown screw....and it really depends on the buyer. as one post said, things like flashlights and red dots are handy to have. so the items might not be unwanted depending on the buyer.

whitebrad25

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    north Austin
    haha, hey man..just let me know.

my email is whitebrad25@yahoo.com

still have original box/stock/papers/locks that came with it from academy.

the gun has/is/will be in my gun case..sad too, i never got to shoot it....bought the best freakin magazine clip i could buy so it would not ever jamb, and didnt get to use it....one friend suggested we go to the range and i said man.....as much as i sooo want to, if i shoot the gun, all of the decently near retail i could possibly hope for would be destroyed...

Top Bottom