I do want to help
    Venture Surplus ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    My little town let's ya take beer on the ride alongs, does yours? Better check that out first.

Go for it dawg. At the VERY least, you'll learn about questionable or criminal activity you weren't aware of.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Yeah 10-4 i do want to learn and help my town
    Like gi joe says knowing is half the battle(but leaving the 1911 at home
    Thats kinda harsh)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sterling

I completed the SAPD Citizen Academy last year, and got a ride-along in the process. It was an enlightening and educational experience, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. It will give you a much better understanding and appreciation for what the officers on your local force do on a day-to-day basis. I am about ready to start a similar program with the FBI.

That said, all you get out of it is a nice certificate and maybe a t-shirt. In Texas, to be a law enforcement officer you have to be TCLEOSE (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education) certified, and it's not an 8-week process.

But many departments have volunteer programs which can be very rewarding as well. I do so with the SAPD VIP program, and thoroughly enjoy it! I don't think Kyle has one yet, but once you "graduate" from their CPA, maybe you can start one up!

I see where this is Kyle PD's first CPA, you should sign up for it (or anyone else in that area who qualifies!).

The Kyle Police department is accepting applications for its 1st Citizens’ Police Academy (CPA). This academy is designed for adult citizens who either reside in the City of Kyle or who own a business within the City.

The academy will begin in March and is 8 weeks long, plus graduation at a Kyle City Council meeting. Classes are scheduled for Tuesday nights plus one “floating” day for a ride out. This hands-on course will allow citizens a unique opportunity to learn about the operations of the Kyle Police Department and get to know some of the officers.

Attendees will also have the opportunity to ride out with a police officer once reaching a specified level of training. Graduates will help form the Citizens’ Police Academy Alumni Association which is designed to a maintain close working relationships with the police department, community, and the continued education of future CPA classes.

The purpose of the Citizen Police Academy is to promote and enhance the relationship between the community and the Kyle Police Department through the advocating of continued law enforcement education.

Applicants should complete the application attached below and submit to Sgt. Tracy Vrana at tvrana@cityofkyle.com

For more information contact Sgt. Tracy Vrana @ 512.268.0859 x:721 or email tvrana@cityofkyle.com

Cheers! M2

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    On a serious note i do respect all leos and i want to learn
    And i want to give back. I know i clown at times
    But i will have respect this on this chance

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    As long as they don't read your posts and hold that against. .... you're prolly alright
    Good luck n be safe

BrenGunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Kyle
    Hey kyletxria1911a1 maybe you can ride out with our towns new "Kyle SWAT team" lol
    On a side note Kyle Volunteer Fire Dept. is always accepting volunteers.
    We will let you have some fun playing with fire. :)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom