• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Hello, all. I watched the majority of Gun Fight last night on HBO. In it is a scene of Brady activist Colin Goddard strapping on a hidden camera and mic to show how easy it is for a person to FTF a gun at a gun show without going through background checks. He ends up buying an AK-47 to scare the public about how easy it is to get these terrifying weapons. How closing the gun show "Loophole" would have prevented Virginia Tech is never explained.

Here's what irks me- he is an intelligent, well-spoken, likeable fellow. As such, he's not the type to set off alarms in the head of anyone selling to him. If he were some gangstalicious thug type, he would probably have been told to **** off.

Here's my proposition: I get decked out in thug uniform, act like a scum bag, and try to buy guns at a gun show with hidden camera and mic. The results will then be posted on a youtube video for the world to see just how hard getting a gun can be if you are a lowlife.

Here are my problems: I have no video equipment. I have a nice little hidden mic I rigged up myself which works excellently, but my recorder is analogue. I also have zero experience editing video and uploading to YouTube.

Is there anyone out there that can help make this project happen? We could certainly turn a few minds around with the right exposure. If we don't fight this anti-gun legislation tooth and claw it WILL pass. We all know the government loves nothing more than regulating everything it possibly can. If this passes the days of private gun ownership are OVER in the sense that the ATF will know who buys a gun every time they do so. Supposedly they've been caught keeping records of people who go through NICS checks- even though they are forbidden to do so.

Is there anyone out there who can help fight to maintain our freedom from government intrusion and eventual confiscation?
    DK Firearms

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    That's not our defense. It's about ownership rights.

The owner of property (guns) should also own the economic benefits of that property with no restrictions and limitations at all. (ideally)

In a real world unfortunately we've lost a bunch of those rights.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Most gun shows post no camera signs. Also, if I was the dealer you were photographing at a gun show, I would be really upset to see myself on youtube if you didn't have a signed release from me.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Why would you not be able to buy a gun based on your looks? Unless you make a statement that indicates you are not eligible to purchase, you should have no problem buying. It does not matter if you look like or are a thug, as long as you are eligible they can and will sell to you.

So what?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Why would you not be able to buy a gun based on your looks? Unless you make a statement that indicates you are not eligible to purchase, you should have no problem buying. It does not matter if you look like or are a thug, as long as you are eligible they can and will sell to you.

So what?

If the seller believes strongly enough that I am up to no good buying the gun then he will not sell. That is what I'm trying to prove. Remember- it is liberals who are shocked by Goddard's videos. They think that if a normal, well-spoken guy can legally buy a gun without a background check, that means a criminal can as well. I'm going to prove that just because you can buy a gun legally, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be sold one.

I'm not "marketing" these videos to people already on our side. I'm trying to win over a few new recruits. In order to do so I'm going to have to open their eyes for them.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Most gun shows post no camera signs. Also, if I was the dealer you were photographing at a gun show, I would be really upset to see myself on youtube if you didn't have a signed release from me.

So if I get caught I get kicked out. Big deal. I am aware of the release form issue.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I'm not following. I'll use any legitimate defense to prevent the erosion of our liberties.
    Showing good people doing good things in a video doesn't prove anything though.

Just like showing bad people doing bad things didn't prove to you that the "guns how loophole" is dangerous and should be closed.

Your trying to fight an emotional battle with emotions and propaganda not law or reason.

They are going to drag you down to their level and beat your up with experience.

Have you ever asked yourself what would happen if someone DID sell to you? Would you leave that out of your video? What if the ATF is trying to sting people at that show that day? We know they do setup stings at gunshows and like to film folks trying to buy form them right?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Your trying to fight an emotional battle with emotions and propaganda not law or reason.

If you are trying to turn on liberals you have to use emotion. It's just a fact of life. There is reason involved as well- people will see that there are reasons for people using their reasoning skills to reasonably suspect a buyer and not sell to him. The viewers will then use their reasoning skills to conclude that getting guns an an FTF sale is not as easy as the Bradys make it out to be.

Have you ever asked yourself what would happen if someone DID sell to you? Would you leave that out of your video? What if the ATF is trying to sting people at that show that day? We know they do setup stings at gunshows and like to film folks trying to buy form them right?

Yes. I would report anybody who sold to someone who declared illegal intent. I have several legal defenses and backups if someone tries to burn me for this. This thread would be one. At the end of the day it is my risk to take.

I'm kind of surprised there is so much resistance to a video which will shine gun owners in a good light.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Showing good people doing good things in a video doesn't prove anything though.

Just like showing bad people doing bad things didn't prove to you that the "guns how loophole" is dangerous and should be closed.

They are going to drag you down to their level and beat your up with experience.

Doing nothing at all doesnt do any good either. People getting active with pro-gun issues is the only way to fight back against the liberals who make more effort than everybody else.
    Sit around being nice about everything and see what happens. While your doing that im sure the liberals will be making plenty of anit-gun videos for the sheep to see.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You know, it would be cool to get permission from the event managers to do a gun show documentary. Show everyone who's never been (liberals) what really goes on inside one.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    If you are trying to turn on liberals you have to use emotion. It's just a fact of life. There is reason involved as well- people will see that there are reasons for people using their reasoning skills to reasonably suspect a buyer and not sell to him. The viewers will then use their reasoning skills to conclude that getting guns an an FTF sale is not as easy as the Bradys make it out to be.

Yes. I would report anybody who sold to someone who declared illegal intent. I have several legal defenses and backups if someone tries to burn me for this. This thread would be one. At the end of the day it is my risk to take.

I'm kind of surprised there is so much resistance to a video which will shine gun owners in a good light.
    Nothing will be proved by doing it.
    This is using the wrong argument.
    Good folks are going to get pissed when they know there on video.

Make a video of what ever you want as long as it's legal though. I guess experience and logic isn't trumping your emotions here and your video won't be the worse thing on youtube.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Nothing will be proved by doing it.

I'm not sure how you can maintain that position. Doing anything proves something.

This is using the wrong argument.

What argument should I be using? The ownership rights argument does not work on liberals for many reasons; the main one being that they have a bee-hive mentality which dictates individuals exist only to better the collective. Property ownership is a meaningless concept at best with them; at worst it is worthy of contempt.

Good folks are going to get pissed when they know there on video.

The decision to use blurs or hand out release forms will be made on a case by case basis.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I know, I'll be at the gun show in May and you can use me as your example as I'll be selling a converted Saiga 12.

You can come up all "No Hablo Englis" and I'll be "Mo fo, I can't sell a gun to your sorry foreign a$$" In a bit we can show you getting kicked out by security when you try and get up in my face telling me how I'm in what should be Mexico.

We'll get all sorts of comments how I'm racist, how we took TX away form Mexico by force, how the cops rough handled you on the way out, how eeeeevillllle the Saiga 12 shotgun is on the comments and how easy it is for someone to buy a ticket to a gun show.

It'll be great!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If the seller believes strongly enough that I am up to no good buying the gun then he will not sell. That is what I'm trying to prove.
    I think you are wrong. Besides, what you may be up to is not a prohibiting factor. You are going to waste your time, but its yours to waste. ;)
    I'm going to prove that just because you can buy a gun legally, that doesn't necessarily mean you will be sold one.
    I doubt it.

Top Bottom