• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbie204

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2019
    Brazil
    I'm very new at shooting in general, and spent most of my time practicing the fundamentals, I can't afford an instructor right now, so I'm mostly self taught and I been using the Weaver stance, I would like some opinions on my handgun grip
    IMG-20191127-WA0012.jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• IMG-20191127-WA0012.jpg
      IMG-20191127-WA0012.jpg
      36.4 KB · Views: 556

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Lots of you tube videos out there that could give better demonstration than us typing it out. The best advise i can give is practice with snap caps. You'll be amazed how you can see where your point of aim changes as you squeeze the trigger.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Welcome to the forums.

There's quite a few good videos to work on grip as mentioned previously. Tuck your left hand deeper into your right so there's no gap. There's a ton of instructional videos that can help you analyze your grip and fundamentals.

Newbie204

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2019
    Brazil
    Welcome to the forums.

There's quite a few good videos to work on grip as mentioned previously. Tuck your left hand deeper into your right so there's no gap. There's a ton of instructional videos that can help you analyze your grip and fundamentals.

Yeah, about the gap, when am shooting with the isosceles stance, I don't have any problem tucking my hand deeper, but with the Weaver stance, positioning my left hand further on the pistol makes it really uncomfortable, and I start feeling some pain on my bent arm.

Also, Thanks a lot for the responses and the welcome messages guys

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    You will need to experiment a little and find what works for you.

For me, I use a grip taught by the FBI many years ago rather than the grip most teach today. Helps me keep a steadier sight picture.

Find what makes your shooting most effective. Then practice, practice, practice.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Straighten your wrists/don't limp wrist, not that you are, but shooting with your hands/wrists kinda/sorta relaxed shooting a semi-auto will cause stoppages.

Good luck to you and practice, practice, practice.

Top Bottom