• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Mornin', folks.

I'm currently taking a Summer semester Public Speaking course as part of my degree program. I could easily CLEP the class and be done with it but if you CLEP Public Speaking then the credits are not transferrable to another degree program, so I opted to simply take the sit-in class.

We're required to give a 5-6 minute informative speech which I'm going to do about cigars and cigar culture, a topic very near and dear to me.

We are ALSO required to give a 7-8 minute persuasive speech and I've decided I want to do mine to convince people in the class that a CHL is a good idea to have. I want to talk about the Luby's massacre in my opening comments. Does anyone know of any websites that have a collection of eye witness accounts or an accurate depiction of the events at the Luby's massacre so I can come up with something to talk about?

Oh yeah, and I'm required to cite references and stuff too. So I can even give quotes from people on the forum since we are considered "subject matter experts" by my teacher's standards. :)
    Guns International

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    You may also want to bring up some more recent topics that your fellow students will be more likely to remember. I am thinking Virginia Tech and Ft. Hood specifically as your classmates should actually remember these situations, but have probably only heard the main stream media's account of them. You could compare them to situations where a CHL holder stopped a gunman.

As far as us being "subject matter experts", you should do fine in that class as your teacher seems to have very low standards.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Mornin', folks.

I'm currently taking a Summer semester Public Speaking course as part of my degree program. I could easily CLEP the class and be done with it but if you CLEP Public Speaking then the credits are not transferrable to another degree program, so I opted to simply take the sit-in class.

We're required to give a 5-6 minute informative speech which I'm going to do about cigars and cigar culture, a topic very near and dear to me.

We are ALSO required to give a 7-8 minute persuasive speech and I've decided I want to do mine to convince people in the class that a CHL is a good idea to have. I want to talk about the Luby's massacre in my opening comments. Does anyone know of any websites that have a collection of eye witness accounts or an accurate depiction of the events at the Luby's massacre so I can come up with something to talk about?

Oh yeah, and I'm required to cite references and stuff too. So I can even give quotes from people on the forum since we are considered "subject matter experts" by my teacher's standards. :)

Suzanna Hupp's testimony should suffice ... she also published a book I believe. A quick guide for sources is to look it up in Wikipedia and scroll down to the bottom where they cite their sources.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    As far as us being "subject matter experts", you should do fine in that class as your teacher seems to have very low standards.

Not at all, he's a CHL holder and a retired Master Sergeant and former drill instructor. :) My class is entirely Air Force, Army, and Marines so I'll pretty much be preaching to the choir, but I still don't want to give a crappy speech about a subject I care about. There's at least one Combat Arms instructor in the class, too. So I won't REALLY need to be doing that much persuading.

woodsong

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Katy

Some really good stuff there -- one of the liberal arguments against CHL is that will result in rampant shootings and crimes.

The actual stats demonstrate that CHL holders are among the most law-abiding citizens around. You are must safer (from crime) in a room of CHL holders than if you were in a room of LEO's -- or nearly 100 times safer than if you were in a room of US Mayor's!

Also, if you look in the rear pages of any Shotgun News, you'll find a number of neat pro-2A quotes from historical figures. (and a CHL is really just a confirmation of what the 2nd Amendment already grants us)

Top Bottom