Get a rope
    get-a-rope.gif

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I spent a few years freezing my ass off in central NY, where gun owners are treated worse than lepers. I can't imagine how bad it is in "The City".

That reference sorta proves I was there. In the rest of the universe, if you say, "NY", you mean NYC. In NY, "NY"= the state. People say, "I'm going to The City on Wednesday." I confused them by asking which city, until I caught on to their perspective.

It took me 9 months to get a permit for the pistols I already owned before I moved there. Do you actually have a permit for NYC?

Funghi2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2022
    New York
    I spent a few years freezing my ass off in central NY, where gun owners are treated worse than lepers. I can't imagine how bad it is in "The City".

That reference sorta proves I was there. In the rest of the universe, if you say, "NY", you mean NYC. In NY, "NY"= the state. People say, "I'm going to The City on Wednesday." I confused them by asking which city, until I caught on to their perspective.

It took me 9 months to get a permit for the pistols I already owned before I moved there. Do you actually have a permit for NYC?
    Hahah very true . The city.

Where in central ny? I have fam in elmira corning area.

So a ny permit is good for everywhere except nyc. A nyc permit is good thru the whole state. Nyc has rifle/shotgun, premises, and carry licenses for personal use. It's really insane. My carry took 18 months to get , and you can't carry it anywhere since they passed CCIA!

easy rider

Process Fabricator
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

So a ny permit is good for everywhere except nyc. A nyc permit is good thru the whole state. Nyc has rifle/shotgun, premises, and carry licenses for personal use. It's really insane. My carry took 18 months to get , and you can't carry it anywhere since they passed CCIA!
    You don't have good moral character in Hochul's eyes?

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

Cazenovia (town of, not village of). Worked in Syracuse.

There are no public shooting ranges there, so I joined the Fayetteville/Manlius private range. The members were good folks, being around them was almost like being home in Texas. When Cuomo issued some sort of edict that would have effectively made it illegal to teach your kid shooting, I talked about it with a couple of the members. One, who was a cop, told me not to worry, that by the time they had cleared the identification of any of enforcement folks, my kid would be old enough to vote. Brought a tear to my eye.

Outside of NYC, the choice is a permit to own or a permit to carry concealed. With a permit to own, you can buy a pistol, drive it directly home, possess it in the house, and take it out to sell it or have it repaired. In other words, that permit is useless. the permit to carry concealed took 3 sets of fingerprints, listings of all of my family members, list of everywhere I ever lived and authorization to contact authorities there, permission to check mental institutions to see if I was ever treated there, surveys sent to my neighbors and coworkers, and finally when it all gets approved, it goes to a judge to sign off. Of course, if you want that to happen in a reasonable time, make sure you donated to his political campaign. Funny moment: My neighbor knocked on my door. When I answered, he asked, "Do you drink alcohol?" I answered, "Sure! What do you got planned?" He said, "No, no, it's on this survey for your pistol permit. What do you want me to tell them?" I replied, "I dunno, just tell them the truth."

Top Bottom