• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Yeah I got that same crap. Probably will fall on deaf ears but then again my money will fall in someone else's pocket for groceries. The ball is in their court.
    DK Firearms

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    So I gotta ask, who of y'all that regularly shopped or ate at HEB and Whataburger are actually going to boycott them?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    So I gotta ask, who of y'all that regularly shopped or ate at HEB and Whataburger are actually going to boycott them?

I don't think anyone was saying boycott.

I use the drive thru at WB, and carry concealed at HEB.
    No problems for me.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013

Statistically speaking almost no one. Even if everyone who ever might Oc refuses to shop there it probably wouldn't make a measurable difference in the stores receipts. We are talking about 5% of 5% at a guess but tiny numbers anyway you add them. Now maybe in a small rural store it might be more but it's doubtful that store would post.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Statistically speaking almost no one. Even if everyone who ever might Oc refuses to shop there it probably wouldn't make a measurable difference in the stores receipts. We are talking about 5% of 5% at a guess but tiny numbers anyway you add them. Now maybe in a small rural store it might be more but it's doubtful that store would post.

Doesn't stop businesses from changing their policies when fringe front groups like Mom's Demand Action or Black Lives Matter raise hell about something, or when one person on Twitter complains.

MikePotts

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I received that same reply.

To me it matters because, as far as my tiny mind can think, it's the only legal thing that they ban...no?

Strange too because HEB started here in Kerrville, it seems to be run by 'right' thinking moderately religious folks who do much good in this and other communities.

Apart from WalMart they're the only game in town here....I know in other states one can OC in Walmart?

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I don't think anyone was saying boycott.

I use the drive thru at WB, and carry concealed at HEB.
    No problems for me.
    Quite a few folks have already said they would give their money to Kroger instead of HEB. That is a boycott.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Quite a few folks have already said they would give their money to Kroger instead of HEB. That is a boycott.

I think it has to be serious for them to get the message.

HEB does worry about competition. I've seen them change their prices a day after Walmart lowers its prices on certain items. But even if you were to say as much as 50% of your business will now go to Walmart, that would still be a significant amount, at least for me.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Doesn't stop businesses from changing their policies when fringe front groups like Mom's Demand Action or Black Lives Matter raise hell about something, or when one person on Twitter complains.

Not saying it's a bad idea, just be aware you are talking about tiny numbers and it's a group that is unlike to expand. That and using blm as someone of a role model? Good luck with that.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    "Open Carry" by some is seen as a supreme, inalienable right.

To force it upon a business establishment (privately owned entity) is to deny that establishment their property rights.

On the other hand, for someone to carry openly on State property, as allowed by law, should be viewed as a move forward.

Ultimately, our goal should be to allow the open or concealed carry WITHOUT a license, on all State and Federal Properties in Texas, including court rooms and military reservations.

I will always respect the rights of private entities to control the carriage of firearms in their establishments. It is no different than if you hosted a neighborhood party in your home and asked your guests to leave their guns at home.

Be well.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I think it has to be serious for them to get the message.

HEB does worry about competition. I've seen them change their prices a day after Walmart lowers its prices on certain items. But even if you were to say as much as 50% of your business will now go to Walmart, that would still be a significant amount, at least for me.

I don't think it would ever affect their profit margin, which is why I asked if anyone is actually going to boycott them. But some folks do stick to their principles. I will continue to shop at HEB and eat at Whataburger, FWIW.

Recoil45

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    Actually it is very different. In one case one opens his business to the general public. In the other you invited people to a "private" party. No comparison.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I don't think it would ever affect their profit margin, which is why I asked if anyone is actually going to boycott them. But some folks do stick to their principles. I will continue to shop at HEB and eat at Whataburger, FWIW.

I don't think most corporate executives think this way though. Strong-willed small business owners, but corporate types tend to get scared off by the slightest thing. You're probably right, but best we can hope for is they actually listen or maybe the media runs with the story and they get freaked out.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    If anything, it's just that they need to hear it. As much as I hate it, I can shift my grocery shopping to Wal-Mart. Failing that, there's a great little mexican grocery not too far away, too.

Thanks to all for participating, whether you'll OC or not. It's great to see us acting with one voice.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    not trying to start anything here, but to be clear, we have no indication that Walmat will ever post because of the policy they have in all of the other OC states where they permit OC and CC

We also have a regional chain around here called United and Market Street
    I will be checking their doors for signs over the next few days.

bones_708

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Actually it is very different. In one case one opens his business to the general public. In the other you invited people to a "private" party. No comparison.
    For you. Others do see a similarity. Doesn't mean you have to but acknowledging that other people are allowed to have different feelings than you is normally considered a good thing.

FlawleZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2015

Well, HEB still decides who can and cannot shop there. This is directly from there terms and conditions:

We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove alcoholic beverages, or cancel orders at our sole discretion.

Just as you could refuse a stranger at the door for your house party, HEB can refuse anyone at anytime for any reason at their discretion. I would say "public" and "private" does not accurately represent this situation.

Last edited:

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Well, HEB still decides who can and cannot shop there. This is directly from there terms and conditions:

Just as you could refuse a stranger at the door for your house party, HEB can refuse anyone at anytime for any reason at their discretion. I would say "public" and "private" does not accurately represent this situation.
    And the point is to try and get them to change that policy.

Top Bottom