• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I think he's just pandering to the Brady Campaign as a means of getting them off his back. Obama has no real control over the issue, he'd have to get the support of Congress and I can't see that happening with elections coming back up on the horizon. With the nation passing more and more pro-gun bills it'd be political suicide for a number of Congress critters to support it.

The only thing he can hope to do is through the ATF because they can enact rules overnight, whereas it'd take the gun community a year to get it reversed through Congressional pressure.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There's no reason to pander to them or get them off his back. They represent five thousand morons at most. They don't even really count as a political movement, outside of their rich sponsors... And even then, they're way out-funded by our side.

DHTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    Texas
    Obama is a anti gunner but everyone on here already knows that. If he gets a second term I think there is a good chance that he may talk more about gun control but he is to scared to touch it before the election.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Obama is a anti gunner but everyone on here already knows that. If he gets a second term I think there is a good chance that he may talk more about gun control but he is to scared to touch it before the election.

+1 I believe that too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Obama is stupid in his beliefs, but smart in political matters. He knows now isn't the time, and after the next election, if he isn't gone (God forbid), he will be alone on gun control.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    Don't be to sure of that, he can with executive powers act. Never say never.

I think he's just pandering to the Brady Campaign as a means of getting them off his back. Obama has no real control over the issue, he'd have to get the support of Congress and I can't see that happening with elections coming back up on the horizon. With the nation passing more and more pro-gun bills it'd be political suicide for a number of Congress critters to support it.

The only thing he can hope to do is through the ATF because they can enact rules overnight, whereas it'd take the gun community a year to get it reversed through Congressional pressure.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

Obama's employment history proves that he's an anti. Anybody who says he isn't has their head deep in the sand.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom