• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    I work at hundreds of different sites. Some of them have 30.06 signs at every gate of a secure complex. I know I can't carry inside the gates, but will this new law allow me to enter the gates with my CW inside my vehicle? My biggest concern is the TI/Raytheon complex @ 635 and 75.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I work at hundreds of different sites. Some of them have 30.06 signs at every gate of a secure complex. I know I can't carry inside the gates, but will this new law allow me to enter the gates with my CW inside my vehicle? My biggest concern is the TI/Raytheon complex @ 635 and 75.

Have you read the text of the law?

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Currently, having a concealed handgun inside your vehicle will not violate those 30.06 signs.

After the bill goes into effect an employer (with some exceptions) cannot use policy to prevent an employee from having a firearm inside a vehicle in the parking area.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    My biggest concern is the TI/Raytheon complex @ 635 and 75.

I read it this morning and while I am not an expert the way I read it was that it only would apply if TI or Raytheon was your employer.

Here is a small excerpt:

"A public or private employer may not prohibit an employee who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, who otherwise lawfully possesses a firearm, or who lawfully possesses ammunition from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition the employee is authorized by law to possess in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area the employer provides for employees."

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I read it this morning and while I am not an expert the way I read it was that it only would apply if TI or Raytheon was your employer.

Here is a small excerpt:

"A public or private employer may not prohibit an employee who holds a license to carry a concealed handgun under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, who otherwise lawfully possesses a firearm, or who lawfully possesses ammunition from transporting or storing a firearm or ammunition the employee is authorized by law to possess in a locked, privately owned motor vehicle in a parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area the employer provides for employees."

If they are not your employer they can't fire you for having a gun in your vehicle in the first place.

Top Bottom