• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Who the **** is scooter and what have you done, you ignorant piece of shit, beside act like an ill mannered buffoon on an internet forum?

Enjoy the vacation ... maybe you can learn to control yourself in that time frame. There's no need to come off the handle.
    Capitol Armory ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    The officer you are talking to trust you and your permit so much he feels compelled to remove your firearm from you, unload it, and lock it in the trunk of your car before he departs the contact leaving you standing on a busy highway trying to return your firearm to a usable condition . Tell me it doesn't happen daily in Texas.

I'll tell the rest of those who can still long in that it does not happen daily, or even often. I have taught hundreds of CL students, and in renewal classes I have NEVER had a student who was stopped by a LEO get disarmed. I have read about it on the internet, but when someone is disarmed I have never heard of the gun being left in the person's trunk.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Another giant leap of an assumption. Who said I did not support it? It is a step in the right direction. I said it would be a victory, not a great victory for all free Texans, just a victory.

All floods start with a drop.

Are WE for the rights of all gun owners of just a select few? If I help you pass the legislation that benefits you are you going to puff out your chest at how much you have accomplished then rest on your laurels and be happy with the great victory you have won, or will you continue the fight to see that all citizens are afforded all same protections?

Absolutely! It is my firm belief that all law abiding and good people should be armed and allowed to carry those arms so long as it is safe and in their own personal interests to do so. I'm not the biggest fan of the CHL program, but I hold a CHL because it is the current reality we are a part of in the state.

The 2010 population of the state of Texas was 20,851,820. If there are 500,000 licensed that is approximately 2.4%. Not exactly a stunning majority.

This would be like giving the entire Austin metro area another freedom of choice. Do we forgo the rights of 500,000 law abiding and good people simply because they are a minority? These are our neighbors and our gun loving brothers and sisters.

A step, a small one, but a step in the right direction.

It is rather inconsequential from face value ... but the ramifications are long lasting. It will raise the bar another notch on the goal to greater freedoms.

The officer you are talking to trust you and your permit so much he feels compelled to remove your firearm from you, unload it, and lock it in the trunk of your car before he departs the contact leaving you standing on a busy highway trying to return your firearm to a usable condition . Tell me it doesn't happen daily in Texas.

This has not been my experience with law enforcement in the central Texas area, including the rather disdained APD. The actions of fearful or perhaps overzealous police officers do not represent the entirety.

I just want to be sure that if this is won it does not stop here and put on hold until my son is my age and still working on this.

Unfortunately your son will be working on his own rights ... I was 11 when CHL finally got passed, and now ... here I stand running a forum of gun owners and fighting for the next chapter of our rights. That is not an excuse to give up, or become disheartened. It took 5 years for the Constitution to be drafted and ratified following the end of the Revolution.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I'll tell the rest of those who can still long in that it does not happen daily, or even often. I have taught hundreds of CL students, and in renewal classes I have NEVER had a student who was stopped by a LEO get disarmed. I have read about it on the internet, but when someone is disarmed I have never heard of the gun being left in the person's trunk.

I've heard of some rather odd behavior, including guns being left in the trunk, from people that I know, but it's one occurrence in the hundreds, if not thousands, of interactions my friends and acquaintances have had with the police.

My point is that I don't see how the actions of a single cop have much to do with the entirety of Texas law enforcement.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas

I never hear anything like that around here.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I've heard of some rather odd behavior, including guns being left in the trunk, from people that I know, but it's one occurrence in the hundreds, if not thousands, of interactions my friends and acquaintances have had with the police.

My point is that I don't see how the actions of a single cop have much to do with the entirety of Texas law enforcement.

Do they have a right to make you leave the gun in the trunk?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

It's besides the point if they have the right to or not ... getting into arguments over rights on the side of the highway is in no one's best interest. Better to just put it in the trunk, and deal with it later. If it is against your rights, or you feel it was out of line or unnecessary you can always file a complaint and talk to some superiors. After all ... the police are just employees.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas

quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by MR Redneck

It's besides the point if they have the right to or not ... getting into arguments over rights on the side of the highway is in no one's best interest. Better to just put it in the trunk, and deal with it later. If it is against your rights, or you feel it was out of line or unnecessary you can always file a complaint and talk to some superiors. After all ... the police are just employees.

I learned a long time ago when dealing with someone of authority you need to be on your best behavior.

John

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Who the **** is scooter and what have you done, you ignorant piece of shit, beside act like an ill mannered buffoon on an internet forum?
    Way to make yourself look exactly like what you are calling others there Einstein.

WOW.

Boys, we need to remain civil here. We can poke at each other without going off like idiots.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX

Rolf. I'm the only one I know of personally. A DPS trooper trainee got me. I was driving my pickemup truck at the time, so no trunk, but he left it shut in the console.

Top Bottom