• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stick_Shift

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Lake Whitney
    I know, it's not the best pistol in the world, but it was the first one I ever bought and I had no knowledge of pistol shopping. Go ahead and chuckle under your breath, I deserve it. It was inexpensive and I merely wanted to get used to firing one, that's my excuse. That was six years ago (record scratch).

Fast forward to today. I've since gotten much more discriminatory about my pistol buying. My home defense sidearm is a 9mm Ruger RAP. My EDC is a Ruger RAC in the same caliber. My wife carries a Walther PK380. The Sigma has been gathering dust on a shelf in its case for the last three years. I started doing some research and discovered that several manufacturers make aftermarket products to improve its performance. The Sigma makes for a good truck gun, so I wanted to see if I could 'fix' it.

I have pretty much replaced every spring in the gun and that has helped. Here's what's currently in the gun:
    Now, on to my problem. I bought this:

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191674

Apex Tactical claims this will work with the Sigma line, but I cannot get it to work for love nor money. When installed, I have to physically push the trigger forward in order for it to fully reset and be ready to fire again. The factory trigger works well with all of the new springs, but as many of you know, the reset for the factory Sigma trigger is a country mile. I will say the new springs have cut the trigger pull significantly, even without the Apex replacement trigger.

Apex suggests filing off a small amount of the trigger to fit. Has anyone done this, and does it work?

Thanks.
    Capitol Armory ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I suspect Apex made the trigger specifically for the SD series which was an evolution of the original Sigma series. If they're advising making the modifications, I think you're safe to do so.

And no judgment for me on buying one. S&W makes good firearms

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There was a reason why the US sucked up all the sigma's they could find and gave them to the Afghan Army in the mid 2000s.

Just fill the mag well and barrel full of lead tie a rope to the trigger guard and attach to a small boat or Kayak. It will give you much better service repurposed as an anchor and you can call yourself green for recycling actual sheit into useful items.

Top Bottom