ARJ Defense ad

Have you personally stopped a crime by being armed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    Ex-wife and I were on our way to some dog shows in the Phoenix area about 10-12 years ago driving from so Cal. Pulled the motorhome into a rest stop on I-10 a bit past midnight to let the dogs relieve themselves. I'm walking one when I notice a guy approaching the wife. Normally, when someone approaches us when we have the dogs on a leash, they usually make a comment like "nice dog", is he friendly" or something along those lines. They were Weimaraners, not the most common dog so they stand out.
    No such comment from this guy; I notice something metallic in his right hand and the dog starts growling. I tell the guy not to come any closer but he does not stop. I pulled my 1911, told the guy that he really needs to think about what he is going to do next...I had determined that the object in his hand was not a firearm. Yelled at the wife to call 911. Bad guy finally turned around and went behind the restroom building.
    Arizona DPS pulled up about 10 minutes later and contacted us. Showed him the permit and he said don't pull your gun while I'm here. No problem officer! He located the guy and cuffed him. Turns out he was a felon on parole that had committed additional crimes since his last release.....had I not been carrying, this incident could have turned out very differently.
    Getting a Ca LTC was impossible for me because I lived in the City of LA but I had several out of state permits. I'm 71 and so far, this is the only time I've needed them. knock on wood. I always carry nowadays.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    Two times I drew my weapon and it was in my front yard. Neighbor had an aggressive pitbull, was chasing different people over the years. I came out of my garage with my bicycle, dog sees me and started coming at me. I put my bicycle between us and drew my weapon yelling at the dog to go home. He did stop and retreated to next door yard. Deputy showed up and dog started to come to the deputy, he drew his baton and waved it at the dog. It was a standoff until the deputy shined his flashlight into the dogs face. Dog ran back to his house two doors down. Deputy drove to that house and stayed in the car while turning on the siren for a few blast's. Owner came out and retrieved the dog. Before the deputy left I told him I almost shot the dog and he said I had the right to while it was on my property. I asked how he stayed calm and didn't shoot, he said too much paperwork and he had taken an aggressive dog class a week ago.
    Second time we heard barking and a neighbor was on his car with the dog barking at him trying to get to the neighbor. I'm pissed because it happened again, I grab my 45 and go into the front yard, tell the wife to call 911. I'm by the garage and the dog sees me and comes on my yard towards me. I'm sighting on it, wife took a picture, dog stops in my front yard. I really didn't want to shoot it and lucky for him it stopped. Deputies show up, owner comes out, don't know why he didn't come out during the yelling and barking. I finally took him to court, with the neighbors testifying the dog was deemed a dangerous dog. During the testimony he was looking at the pictures, when you see the picture with my gun extended the dog didn't look aggressive. Judge said it wasn't the gun that stopped him because dogs don't know what a gun is. But I still prevailed. View attachment 425223
    We recently had a dog attack a jogger in our neighborhood. The jogger was carrying. The dog got a bite in but lost the fight.

I don’t know what kind of dog it was…

Top Bottom