Join TexasGunTalk

Have to vent!!

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by CodyK, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CodyK

CodyK Active Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Houston
    I check my bank account balance every morning. Just a habit to reconcile everything and make sure my balance and theirs match up. This morning there was a $1500 difference! Called the bank and it looks like some fine outstanding citizen must have copied my number down and made a card and got my account for $1500! Fraud protection will give my money back, but damn it pisses me off. I don’t make a lot of money. I work 60 plus hours a week so I can have what I need, and some other cool stuff I want. Can’t stand scum bags who steal! Sorry, just had to vent!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm, V-Tach, Maverick44 and 4 others like this.
  2. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Lean on the bank! There systems are not doing the job of protecting your account!

3. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    If you have had your number swiped and get a police report number, you will find that since you are being paid back by the cc company, law enforcement will likely not do squat. Nor will the bank or cc company for that matter. I had my number hacked awhile ago and my card number was used four times in San Antonio HEBs and a box store. Same amount each time by the way. Reported to SAPD and they said it wasn't their problem since I live in Medina County. Reported to Medina Sheriffs Office and they opened a case but said they didn't go into Bexar County to look at surveillance footage which is time stamped and would show whoever used the card in hopes that individual would be prosecuted. I was told not to worry since the credit card company was giving me the money back. Who was screwed? The faceless population who has a Mastercard I guess... Law enforcement? What a joke.

MTA89, Dancing Heretik and Charlie like this.
  4. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Welcome to life! Don't forget if you use auto pay on bills to update the new number or have to argue with some asshat about late payments.

Southpaw and ZX9RCAM like this.
  5. wiredgeorge

wiredgeorge Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Charlie, the bank doesn't do the credit card, it is the credit card company that doesn't chase down the thieves. Bank is out nothing so they have no skin in the game. All these thefts are just the cost of doing business to the credit card companies!

Southpaw and Charlie like this.
  6. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    Maybe. He referenced the bank in his initial post and it appeared the CC came from the bank. If the CC was issued to him by the bank, they have some responsibility in this issue.
    Edit to add: He will probably not see that money again. But ..... if a bank, CC company, etc. is issuing the card, they have some responsibility. This, of course, is my own opinion. If one is paying a CC company or a bank, etc. that entity should shoulder some of the responsibility.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  7. avvidclif

avvidclif Sturgis '95, RFTW 2010

Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Anybody ever realize it was a debit card, not CC. BIG difference.

oldag and toddnjoyce like this.
  8. SQLGeek

SQLGeek Wheel Gun Nut TGT Supporter

Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I hate thieves. I'm sorry and hopefully this is just a small inconvenience.

Wildcat Diva likes this.
  9. Wildcat Diva

Wildcat Diva TGT Addict

Aug 26, 2016
    Jerks. Hope “karma” is a bigger bitch than they who did this can handle.

kbaxter60 and EZ-E like this.
  10. Geezer

Geezer Available For Parties TGT Supporter

Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I no longer use a debit card. Credit card or cash for everything.

TheDan and ZX9RCAM like this.