giphy-1.gif

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    A while back I dropped by the Harley shop in Garland to get a tube for the front on my 76 FX, a 3.50x18. None in stock. They had a shit pot of coffee cups, tank tops, pink cozies, lingerie, belt buckles, purses and wallets, but no tubes for a common size that fits about 20+ year/model Harleys. The BMW dealer in Plano had a good selection, but no ladies' underwear.
    FHD

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Eh - its not like Harley riders actually ride much - their shits broken down more than Chrysler products. As a tow monkey I towed a lot of non-running Harleys - rarely had to tow Gold Wings, and the sport bikes were almost always towed for wrecks (shocker, I know) not mechanical issues.

A Harley looks damn cool on the back of a flatbed, I tell you whut! :roflsmile:

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    Eh - its not like Harley riders actually ride much - their shits broken down more than Chrysler products. As a tow monkey I towed a lot of non-running Harleys - rarely had to tow Gold Wings, and the sport bikes were almost always towed for wrecks (shocker, I know) not mechanical issues.

The closest I ever cam to a Hardly Albeson was my Victory touring cruiser. But my favorite was by far the flat-6 Honda Valkyrie.

Val-n-Valk.jpg

Last edited:

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    The closest I ever cam to a Hardly Albeson was my Victory touring cruiser. But my favorite was by far the flat-6 Valkyrie.

View attachment 464001
    One of the cool things about the Valkyries and GoldWings, is that they were made in the USA. More American made parts in those bike than in Harley's of that time.
    Sadly, Honda move manufacturing from Maryville Ohio back to Japan in 2009. I own one of the last American made Goldwings from the Maryville plant.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    I'll just add it to my long list of why I am glad I have an Indian!

View attachment 464006
    I haven't been riding in a couple of years and stopped keeping up with the bike world years ago. I was pleasantly surprised that when Victory bought Indian, they kept separate plants and continued to build Indians. I was afraid they'd just stick an India logo on a couple of Victory models. I hope it's still that way.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land

If I'm working, I stay at a rv site on the south end of a horse barn.
    The owner is a Harley guy. He's covered at least 48 states while I watched over things during his absence. Since 2019 he's changed a battery and a throttle cable 0n his main ride.
    I can't remember his bike being "hauled " in that time frame.

There's different types of riders.
    Be it mechanical or living ' breathing animals.
    Some people can deal with hardship.
    Some can't.
    Vehicle brand don't mean squat.

It's a matter of willpower and knowledge.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Let’s be honest, Harley Davidsons core fan base is dying of old age, and if they don’t start finding ways to get new customers they will die with them.

I’d like the novelty of having a Harley, I’ve enjoyed most of the ones I’ve test ridden at dealers, as well as my friends softail standard, but I’m not about to drop $18-20K+ on bikes that haven’t changed much in several decades and can’t do half the shit my Honda can at half the price.

There’s no reason they should be charging as much as they do for their bikes other than the fact that they keep getting away with it so long as some old retired guy somewhere has a lot of disposable income or some young fag from the oil rigs has poor sense of financial management (don’t they all).

I loved when I went to Republic Harley nearby me when my friend was bike shopping and the salesman asked what I ride. I said I have a Honda 650 and he casually told me to call him when I’m ready to “move up to a harley” lol. My 4 cyl 650 will blow the wheels off any of their production cruisers, and is built to way higher quality standards than anything they make at half the price lol. As much as I enjoy their bikes, I would be moving down.

Last edited:

BigRed

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I haven't been riding in a couple of years and stopped keeping up with the bike world years ago. I was pleasantly surprised that when Victory bought Indian, they kept separate plants and continued to build Indians. I was afraid they'd just stick an India logo on a couple of Victory models. I hope it's still that way.

They wound down Victory. Now just Indians with designs specific to that brand.

Buddy has a Victory Vegas. Nice bike.

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    The thing with Harley is that from the 1990s, when I first got involved in the biker world, up to now, they are selling an image, not technology.
    I used to write a motorcycle blog for the paper I worked for. One entry was titled. "I Agree With Harley." The paper's website was absorbed by corporate and my blogs where not saved. But I was answering a reader who had a problem with Harley Davidson.
    This guy discovered that his V-twin with no radiator would over hear when idling on a Texas street in the middle of July. Then he made some idiot remark about Harley having the latest technology.
    Seriously ????? Those two cylinder engines that look like they were chopped out of a WWI biplane strike you as the latest technology? The refusal to use a radiator, or even an oil cooler, strike you as the "latest technology?
    Harley is not selling technology or even reliability, they are selling an idea, a life style. I imagine that uncooled engine idling on a Texas street in July is about the same temperature of the Sun's corona, but it LOOKS cool.
    The last time I was in a Harley shop, it looked like a boutique. The young lady working was wearing Harley branded clothes, had fairly short hair, and a nose ring, but she was still very feminine and pretty. She spent the entire time I was there putting cute outfits on the clothes racks. There were 4 or 5 Hardlies ... uh I mean Harleys ... on display in the "show room." Customers were not allowed in the shop.
    So I was with Harley on this one. If the moron wanted technology, there are dozens of asian and european bikes available. He selected the one selling an image.

Last edited:

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Is anyone who’s not an AARP member or still buying it for that image nowadays? The outlaw biker world seems to be ridiculed more than feared or respected by people younger than 35 lol. Any time a 1% chapter have blown past me on the highway (overtaking me from within my own lane) I’ve seen them as entitled douchebags more so than anything else. I’ve never thought of them as anything I’d like to ever be.

They’ve lost their cool factor, and nobody below a certain age cares to cosplay them on the weekends.

When I see shit like the below I can’t believe the people filming this have such a lack of self respect that they try so hard to earn their respect. Seeing this shit makes me cringe.

Look at this fucking loser who harasses a kid for wearing TV show merch. I don’t even think he’s active in the homosexual leather enthusiast lifestyle, he’s just so invested in it vicariously that he thought it worth his time to harass a kid over an article of clothing. Like it or not, this is the shit people associate Harley’s with lol.

Top Bottom