• ...and so much more!
  • Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Night Guard.jpg
    My Night Guard in 44 special.

And a Gerber knife I bought a very long time ago at the BX.

TexasSix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2015
    West Texas
    My Inspiration

My 1984 Security Six. Inherited when my Dad passed away.
    Inspiration for my user name....

Attachments

• six and loaders3.jpg
      six and loaders3.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 155

p4R4d0x

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dallas
    You take really great photos. I saw your flickr account and website. So you're in Dallas now from NY? Welcome to Texas! can't imagine being a gun guy in NY.
    Thank you! Yep, I grew up in central/upstate NY. Always just assumed handguns were illegal, haha, (though I was a boy scout and had shot lots of bolt-action .22s, and a hunting rifle/shotgun or two) until I was working on a newly-acquainted friend's car with him after I had moved here and his shirt pulled up over his Sig P238 and I almost **** myself. He took me to the range that weekend; I bought my first gun about 2 weeks later, and had submitted the paperwork/range test for my CHL a couple of weeks after that. This was near the end of 2012; I've owned 37 guns since then. :flag:

Down to 3 now... with just one magazine, because after finishing my degree and 6 months of unemployment, I finally got a job... in California... :facepalm:

18718171496_4575c8c10b_c.jpg

_DSC2994 by StaufhammerBackup, on Flickr

Last edited:

bluzman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    North Texas
    I posted a picture back in April but I added another member to the family after I got my CHL, a Sig P938 for pocket carry.

CW from top left: SA Loaded, Kimber TLE (both .45), Kimber Tactical Pro, Sig P938 (both 9mm), RIA Tactical mid-size (.40)

9756517d-9fe4-4215-8345-d0f98619b83c.gif

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Bluzman's pic motivated me to round up all the 1911's. From bottom left:
    Taurus, Sig 22, Sig Carry Nightmare, P12 LDA, Kimber Ultra, 2 Kimber Eclipse Ultras (rosewood Hogue grips on one), Para Slim Hawg.

The P12 was my first 1911 and that 3 1/2 inch barrel still feels the most natural to me. But they are all good.
    image.jpgF

bluzman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    North Texas
    Bluzman's pic motivated me to round up all the 1911's. From bottom left:
    Taurus, Sig 22, Sig Carry Nightmare, P12 LDA, Kimber Ultra, 2 Kimber Eclipse Ultras (rosewood Hogue grips on one), Para Slim Hawg.

The P12 was my first 1911 and that 3 1/2 inch barrel still feels the most natural to me. But they are all good.
    View attachment 34807F
    Damn. I was worried that someone would do this. It's now clear to me that I don't own nearly enough 1911s. Oh well, I'll just have to buy more of them. It's a tough world but I'm up to the task. ;)

p4R4d0x

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Dallas
    awesome pistola, and great photos. what poor lighting? lol
    Heh, thanks, guys. I guess I did a decent job controlling the lighting (white posterboard come in so handy), but it was very dim, so I had to push to ISO3200 for one of them. :-\

I got to shoot it yesterday and it is so glorious. ~290 rounds? (I can't remember if it was 10 or 20 that went to the P2000... Not very many). I'm still not super fast with it, but shooting slow and when I do my part, it's just stupidly accurate.

This is the first 10 rounds through the gun. Single-action, 7 yards, standing/unsupported. POA = the 5.
    _DSC3182.jpg

A later group of 10 rounds, double-action, 7 yards, standing/unsupported. Of course the stupid one not touching the rest was the 10th round. POA = the white text; it's just a blurry white dot at that distance to me.
    _DSC3181.jpg

I didn't have anything to adjust the rear sight with, or I maybe could have dialed out the high/left.

_DSC3183.jpg

<3

Top Bottom