• No Open Carry

Votes: 20 8.3%

• Total voters

Marlowe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    out in the boonies
    I'm not sure what point you are trying to make, however when I said "no matter who owns the land you're on" I intended that to mean gov't owned land such as state and national forests. Regarding private property, the assumption is that you have permission, otherwise you're trespassing.
    So why not just say public land? "no matter who owns" is pretty clearly " no matter who owns"..
    Hurley's Gold

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Whiskey is not a troll.

Too bad no one can tell the writers tone.

I think a holster is a must. I'm not going to open carry a handgun unless I'm going somewhere to shoot. I like the idea that you look just as threatening with a cc as not having a weapon in a cc situation. I feel like it keeps the bad guys not knowing who has the ability to shoot them dead if they slip up.

I agree that a holster (a good one) only makes sense. However, it should not be part of the law in that such clauses sometimes can be used to in unforeseen ways to trap innocent people. We need a simple either "open carry handgun" or "open carry handgun with CHL permit" law.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I agree that a holster (a good one) only makes sense. However, it should not be part of the law in that such clauses sometimes can be used to in unforeseen ways to trap innocent people. We need a simple either "open carry handgun" or "open carry handgun with CHL permit" law.

We don't need "a law".
    We need to repeal laws that infringe on our rights.

Rios

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I voted for the first option (Permissive Open Carry, No Restrictions). I really like the way Arizona handles open & concealed carry. It would be nice to see similar changes across the country.

yang.jackson

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    I'm pro-choice. If you want to CC, go ahead. If you want to OC, knock yourself out. All the laws we need are already on the books. If you decide to CC or OC and you break any of those laws that are on the books, then you face the consequences. But we don't need any new laws concerning the carrying of firearms. We just need to get rid of the one that puts us in the same category as Illinois.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phoneguy

Proud American and Infidel since 1968
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    As a temporary Connecticut resident of 22 years (I always knew I'd be back), I am extremely glad to be back in my Native Texas. The one and only thing that Connecticut has above Texas is that Connecticut issues someone a Pistol Permit. The permit nor laws state that it is a concealed permit. As the law is written in the State of Connecticut, open carry is legal for those individuals that have a Connecticut Pistol Permit.

Wait. There is one more thing that is better in Connecticut. The trash along the roadways is practically non-existent there. What the hell happened in the 22 years that I was gone? Did people forget SRV singing "Don't mess with Texas"?

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Wait. There is one more thing that is better in Connecticut. The trash along the roadways is practically non-existent there. What the hell happened in the 22 years that I was gone? Did people forget SRV singing "Don't mess with Texas"?

While you were out Texas changed its name to Coahuila del Norte.

Phoneguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    Connecticut is ~5500 sq miles, which is 600 sq miles smaller than Brewster County. That being said, you could turn Rhode Island (the small State to the east of Connecticut) 90 degrees and it would fit in the DFW area with room to spare. Rhode Islanders bitch when they have to drive more than 15 minutes somewhere.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    What the hell happened in the 22 years that I was gone? Did people forget SRV singing "Don't mess with Texas"?

Non-Texans began moving here, particularly the members of "battleground Texas" and those who have no respect for our state. Plus the trash blows in from OK every once in a while.
    :beat:

Phoneguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    North Ft Worth
    I wonder how many of the 4000+ jobs at the Toyota USA HQ in Plano are going to be those anti-2A Cali bastards that transferred with the company?

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    You mean the trash from the state that passed OC when TX couldn't?.....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If that's the only redeeming quality to OK's name I may have some bad news for you my friend.

I wonder how many of the 4000+ jobs at the Toyota USA HQ in Plano are going to be those anti-2A Cali bastards that transferred with the company?

We can't keep 'em all out I suppose. Hell, maybe if they spend some time with folks like us we can convert them to constitution-abiding, gun-loving citizens of the republic of Texas. One can only hope anyway.

Top Bottom