Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area
    Why would I need to rack the slide?

Because the director of the movie will have you rack the slide 36 times before you ever actually use the gun in a scene? Well, not Alec Baldwin, of course. Revolver or semiauto, he'll shoot instantaneously...kinda like spontaneous human combustion.

But seriously, I think it was because the OP was all about an RO saying it was too dangerous to carry with one in the chamber. Hence the part about ECQ physical grappling with no package onboard and ready to launch. :D

OldPhart

On Everyone's Ignore List
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    1911 user here. When carrying, it's always in condition 1. If necessary, I need only need one hand to fire it, as well as the other 7 in the magazine.

When you need a gun, you need it NOW. I've seen too many folks fail to rack the slide properly. Even then, there is a chance, however small, that the mag has disengaged itself or you get a stovepipe.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    R
    Went to the pistol range this morning. As I was leaving there was a guy (know it all) packing up and talking to the RO saying it was dangerous to carry with a round chambered and he never would. I just had to stop and engage in the conversation (I am an ass) with the RO on one side and me on his left looking down range I ask him to holster his unloaded gun and draw pointing down range. As he drew his weapon, I grabbed his left arm and said chamber a round now.

He said that would never happen because he would never let any bad guys get that close to him.
    Retards carry guns. Whoodathunkit?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    There's another group who applaud magazine-less guns that can't fire the last round.

It's for 'safety' doncha know...

Last edited:

texasrho83

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2024
    TX
    Us old school wheel gunners have to walk about loaded otherwise we'd better be real good at throwing stuff...

I always have a knife on me but definitely want a derringer-style backup ie. Bond Arms

Top Bottom