My profile pic is probably 1911 too.
    0F071576-E29E-4EC2-B365-B2659AE79A13.jpeg

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    HK's prestige went down significantly after trying to foist the 4.8mm PDW on NATO through the courts. They haven't innovated much after that....
    Hk prestige is a lot of marketing. They certainly make great stuff, but you gotta sex stuff up big time to make it with volksturm level tech
    2dcjgdvrwtz61.jpg

I honestly think the NATO PDW program is kinda dumb, and nothing more than a slap fight between FN and HK. I'd personally take the Mp7.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    HK's prestige went down significantly after trying to foist the 4.8mm PDW on NATO through the courts. They haven't innovated much after that....
    Having shot the H&K MP7A1 is like the the progression of a SAA Colt to the MP5K, then the MP5K to the MP7A1.

Only weapon I had sighted an optic in, in 3 shots. I noticed post sample for sale here in the last week for $36K. That says a whole shit load about a gun besides very limited supply.

Something else we all need to remember is who even is the current owners of H&K? Compagnie de Développement de l’Eau (CDE), are the current owners. Who owns them?

Spence1875

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Houston
    I like HKs and all, have owned a bunch and my P7M8 although it was to complicated for harsh environments or use, it is still one of my favorites and one of the most accurate guns I shot, only better production guns for accuracy were the HK P9S in 45 and a P-210 Sig.

Back to the original post, the Mark 23 was goat rope and classic example of the military procurement system that spec'd way too many requirements into it from too many groups resulting in a pistol that was so large it was basically never used by anyone other than for photo ops or the range.

I can tell where I saw a lot of Mark 23s, as matter of a fact hundreds of them, it was at Crane Naval Weapons Depot in Indiana when I was last there in 2009 do some business with them. They had pallets of them brand new never fired complete deployment kits with cans. They were looking for any DOD or other USG entity that would want them and none did. I am sure they all ended up getting crunched.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I like HKs and all, have owned a bunch and my P7M8 although it was to complicated for harsh environments or use, it is still one of my favorites and one of the most accurate guns I shot, only better production guns for accuracy were the HK P9S in 45 and a P-210 Sig.

Back to the original post, the Mark 23 was goat rope and classic example of the military procurement system that spec'd way too many requirements into it from too many groups resulting in a pistol that was so large it was basically never used by anyone other than for photo ops or the range.

I can tell where I saw a lot of Mark 23s, as matter of a fact hundreds of them, it was at Crane Naval Weapons Depot in Indiana when I was last there in 2009 do some business with them. They had pallets of them brand new never fired complete deployment kits with cans. They were looking for any DOD or other USG entity that would want them and none did. I am sure they all ended up getting crunched.

The P7 was a neat blow back used by a few police agencies with good results.

Circa 2008-2009 I was in Iraq and worked with some tier 1 guys in the RPC (Radwaniyah Palace Complex). Learned only admin carried the Mk23’s, a few had USP’s in 45, the FN SCAR was disliked and not used, the SR-25’s outshot the M110’s (both made by Knights Armament, the SR25’s had obermyer sp? barrels that were amazing for a semi auto).

I bought my tan Mark 23 I think after that tour.

Way over built for a pistol. It would be nice if the CMP sold off the excess ones to the public.

Spence1875

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2020
    Houston
    I love my 1911s, the ones I have smithed, my RRA and multiple SA Custom Shop Pros, when I went to Iraq and Afghanistan I could have brought my SA Pro 1911, but I carried a Glock 17. The 1911 is better in everyway to shoot except when it comes time to pulling the trigger in the worst of environments, then the Glock gets my, and most real professionals vote every time.

Still, if I could have one handgun it would be one of my 1911s or custom BHPs.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I love my 1911s, the ones I have smithed, my RRA and multiple SA Custom Shop Pros, when I went to Iraq and Afghanistan I could have brought my SA Pro 1911, but I carried a Glock 17. The 1911 is better in everyway to shoot except when it comes time to pulling the trigger in the worst of environments, then the Glock gets my, and most real professionals vote every time.

Still, if I could have one handgun it would be one of my 1911s or custom BHPs.

I like 1911’s, got a draw full on them. The 5th Group SF guy’s carrier Colt 1911’s at the RPC, but used M9’s when we went out. Our M110’s got replaced with H&K M110A1’s.

Attachments

• 518FC5B0-C6E5-405D-AA85-8405BDC20058.jpeg
      518FC5B0-C6E5-405D-AA85-8405BDC20058.jpeg
      167.9 KB · Views: 47
    • FCBD0737-7D19-4069-BAAA-F9B704906F15.png
      FCBD0737-7D19-4069-BAAA-F9B704906F15.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 50

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Well I can't answer to how innovative HK mk 23 is, never handled one much less shot one. I love 1911's an I can say up till this past year I avoided HK on general principle. However I tried one and now I have 2, 45c and usp elite 45. They are reliable, accurate, dependable, and of course expensive.

I prefer to carry 45 acp in da/sa and the 45c meets that requirement. The elite is amazing and far more accurate than I am capable of. I am not a fan boy by any means but HK has earned my respect. They work well for me. Of course I will still carry a revolver from time to time and that makes me nuttier than squirrel poo in some eyes.

Cavcop thanks for the videos.

10-96inTexas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2022
    Cooterville
    I don't know without doing some math, how many pistols I have. If it all came down to only being able to have ONE pistol and letting all the rest go I know which one I would keep. Which one I would depend on, which one I could count on. It would be my USP 40. Kind of like that old faithful dog that may not be the best in this or that category but it is the dog you would have by your side forever. That is my HK USP 40.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX

I did like my VP70, but traded it for a Kimber 1911 LE back in the late 1990’s as I felt it was a good trade. I think I paid $350 for my VP70 and shot it quite a bit. The trigger is a longer heavy pull. Sights were never an issue for me. Accuracy was good, and the 18 round magazines neat for the time.

Taking it apart was fun and easy. The grip fit my hand well. The polymer held up fine. But it was lager/tall on the top for slide and grip.

But H&K did lead the way with the first major Polymer pistol. Now most pistols use Polymer, even some revolvers.

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    When HK decided to no longer sell arms to Israel, I quit even thinking about owning another and sold the one I had. They can go **** themselves. Pardon my language.

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    The P7 was a neat blow back used by a few police agencies with good results.

Circa 2008-2009 I was in Iraq and worked with some tier 1 guys in the RPC (Radwaniyah Palace Complex). Learned only admin carried the Mk23’s, a few had USP’s in 45, the FN SCAR was disliked and not used, the SR-25’s outshot the M110’s (both made by Knights Armament, the SR25’s had obermyer sp? barrels that were amazing for a semi auto).

I bought my tan Mark 23 I think after that tour.

Way over built for a pistol. It would be nice if the CMP sold off the excess ones to the public.
    I am more interested in this mystery Tier 1 Infantry unit you served with that subbed in and out with SEALs and 5th Group missions, than the HK is the greatest debate. Please tell us more about this Infantry unit.

Top Bottom