• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went to check out the sponser. Gun Clip-R-Us does not sell clips, they sell magazines. Epic Fail
    Venture Surplus ad

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Re: gunclipsrus.com

Why does it make so much difference to this crowd if somebody wants to refer to their mag as a clip? Movies and TV have done it for decades.

Seems like beating a dead horse to me.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

I agree that using the wrong name for an item is confusing, but so can using the correct name. There are two kinds of gun magazines, one you load and one you read.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

I agree that things should be called what they are... but chances are the domain name was just a catchy name that was available. If you actually go to their site, the magazines are listed properly - as magazines.

http://www.gunclipsrus.com/

Seems like we are splitting hairs. After all they think enough of the site to help support us.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston

Why does it make so much difference to this crowd if somebody wants to refer to their mag as a clip? Movies and TV have done it for decades.

Seems like beating a dead horse to me.

For the same reason I don't want to go to a doctor that doesn't know the terminology: "Well, that . . . thing . . . there seems to be giving you the problems, so let's just cut that slimy little gut-thing out!" No thanks. If you don't even know the proper name of something that is directly related to your core business, I'm not going to patronize your business.

The fact that Hollywood has screwed something up for years is all the more reason to try to correct the ignorance rather than joining it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX

If a company sells quality products at a good price with good customer service, I don't really care what the name of it is.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX

How about people that call that thing on a watch a face? would you buy a watch from them? Have you called it a face all your life? Just curious...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas

For the same reason I don't want to go to a doctor that doesn't know the terminology: "Well, that . . . thing . . . there seems to be giving you the problems, so let's just cut that slimy little gut-thing out!" No thanks. If you don't even know the proper name of something that is directly related to your core business, I'm not going to patronize your business.

The fact that Hollywood has screwed something up for years is all the more reason to try to correct the ignorance rather than joining it.

Well in this case it's just a catchy name and the company obviously knows the difference on their site. I really don't see any reason for a live cow birth.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    All the animals on this farm are equal, only some are more equal
    Just don't see the reason gun folks drag otherwise good business\people though the mud over petty things like this. You really can't see past the URL? Folks work at these small business who have employees or feed a family and sponsor sights like this with goods\services and cash do deserve more respect and consideration.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom