• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Tried to purchase a firearm off Gunbroker. Used buy it now and purchase terms were USPS money order. Asked seller for address and let them know I would ship m.o it this Monday. Seller came back (with a different address then what was on Gunbroker) with a PayPal or Zelle option and his mail comes up missing sometimes. I immediately became skeptical. Asked for a pay pal address so I could send a payment. Received another email with one of those joeblow123@gmail deals notoriously fake.
    And another common name like bob smith. That didn’t match the Gunbroker name either. Brought up my concerns to the seller and they immediately sent a angry email about they will just repost firearm. I told them the selling terms are for USPS money order and I’ll ship that out on Monday. This morning I received a email from gun broker not to send payment that sellers account is canceled.
    BDE987F9-33BE-47E8-BB1D-9F8ACD180E07.png

41E415B1-A3C9-4657-947A-BFD02C1148F2.jpeg

62222985-765F-4994-BD8B-B3C653387049.png

AE53231C-1C46-48AA-9E4D-17F89D67015C.png
    Gun Zone Deals

King76

Hmmm, I wonder…sometimes wander…
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 29, 2021
    Brenham
    Whether it is Gunbroker or Tx Gun Trader or any firearm site, seems like scammers have infiltrated everywhere. These guys should be caught, strung up and castrated…. As the saying goes, most Democrats are not crooks, but most crooks are Democrats…. Sorry for the rant, a little too much coffee this morning..lol..

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The writer of the email saying he will repost the item wipes his ass with his hand and would have been doing the needful with his sister and mother on a pile of rupees after converting your money over.

If grammar and syntax read like they are third world , they are more likely than not third world

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'll never buy/sell from an individual on Gunbroker.

I've done it many times. I've never had a problem.

Early last year I got on a kick where I was offering a fairly low bid on many items. I ended up with six new .22 rifles and a couple of those cheap Turkish shotguns. All for under $150 to my hands.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I've had nothing but good success with gunbroker. But never bought from someone only accepting money orders.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    I've had nothing but good success with gunbroker. But never bought from someone only accepting money orders.
    I’ve mainly purchased with USPS money orders. Never had a problem. The money order is 100% safe you can cancel it and get your money back if the item doesn’t arrive. The scammer would have federal charges. I’ve purchased from a few individuals off GB, After talking with them on the phone.

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    I’ve mainly purchased with USPS money orders. Never had a problem. The money order is 100% safe you can cancel it and get your money back if the item doesn’t arrive. The scammer would have federal charges. I’ve purchased from a few individuals off GB, After talking with them on the phone.
    Didn't realize there was a way to cancel a money order. Always thought they were essentially the same as cash.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    Yes through the post office you can cancel it. And it protects the buyer and seller by being a federal crime if a scam takes place.

Top Bottom