• ...and so much more!
  • Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Anyone been to a gun show recently, like in the past 3-4 months? Prior to 2020, I’d go to the Pasadena, Humble & Conroe shows, and about 1/3 of the time come home with something. Mainly new stuff, and I’d price out what I’m looking for online in advance so I would know the best price. That all stopped in 2020 when there was a run on firearms and I was seeing stupid prices across the board. Now that the market is settled somewhat, what are the prices looking like? Are there deals to be had, or are they a waste of money for admission? Next weekend there’s a show in Pasadena and a Conroe, neither of which are close, and I don’t want to waste my time, gas, or price of admission if the prices are still stupid high.
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I'm buying mine ftf on the street have not been to a gun show In a while I just got this in a home depot parking lot but now I'm gonna start looking around
    20220130_204618.jpg

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    Last one I went to at Dallas Market Hall prices were ridiculous on fire arms and reloading powder. No primers and very little on other reloading components.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Prices are still high....ammo still over priced....table and tables of Tupperware with a Glock here and there..........

Wanenmacher Show in Tulsa is going to be April 2nd and 3rd........

Currently making plans to attend...........

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Yes, deals are to be had on guns at guns shows; finding them at any specific gun show though could be the problem. You kind of have to be at the right place, at the right time along with the right person selling them. It is no different than gun shows past for the most part. They are still overpriced as has been usual, at least for the past 42 years that I have been attending them, but sometimes a Bird of Paradise spreads its plumage for you and you make a good find. Most times though, a seagull just craps on your nice hat or shirt.

I can attest to the fact that there were at least a few good deals at two different gun shows I attended, in the not too distant past, in Longview.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Yes, I have been to several since Biden has been POTATOUS.
    My observation has been anything polymer is selling relatively close to MSRP.
    Anything steel and walnut, especially classic Colt and S$W, is off the chain price wise.
    This goes triple for 1980’s military clone stuff like HK, SIG, Sterling, etc.
    This goes quadruple for pre-1960 mil-surp. There is no farking way an old beater Brit .303 Enfield is worth the asinine prices they’re asking. A legit Mauser or Krag? Just forget it. No wonder young folks aren’t buying in. I wouldn’t.
    Ammo has always been stupidly priced at shows. This goes as far back as I can remember. Present day prices are insane. The ammo guys just refuse to budge on prices.
    They never got the memo that us gun dorks on the aisle side of the table can order that stuff off da InnerWeBz too.
    These days I go to shows strictly for entertainment purposes. Lots of LOL wuuuut.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    We gots one this weekend here in the Big Town. Last time I went prices were about the same as retail or a little higher. There were a lot of items that are hard to find and a premium price being asked. Sometimes I think these "sellers" just want to show off there shiny Colts etc.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The best local one to me was cancelled (Lewisville) and the others either suck or are too far to drive.
    I've been to a couple Lewisville shows and one down in Dallas.

I almost flew home for the SAR show last December but figured I will wait till after the wuhan retard syndrome dies down a bit more.

I still have an AZ license since technically they are good till you're 65 but legally I cant use it so I cant buy handguns anymore there. I go to that show for parts mil surp stuff and etc. It takes a couple days to get thru.

As for ammo there was a time where we took flat beds in with us and everyone chipped in and bought a years forth of ammo for a couple thousand dollars. Those days are long gone. Along with crates of sks or nagants or mausers for just a couple hundred bucks. Now the empty crates will sell for that and you used to be able to buy a dozen like new rifles for that.

Oh the good old days.

JohnWayne10XX

Smooth is Fast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2022
    Houston, TX
    Anyone been to a gun show recently, like in the past 3-4 months? Prior to 2020, I’d go to the Pasadena, Humble & Conroe shows, and about 1/3 of the time come home with something. Mainly new stuff, and I’d price out what I’m looking for online in advance so I would know the best price. That all stopped in 2020 when there was a run on firearms and I was seeing stupid prices across the board. Now that the market is settled somewhat, what are the prices looking like? Are there deals to be had, or are they a waste of money for admission? Next weekend there’s a show in Pasadena and a Conroe, neither of which are close, and I don’t want to waste my time, gas, or price of admission if the prices are still stupid high.
    Grumps21, I went to the one Humble last weekend (2/25/22). No deals to be had except maybe on/in the rimfire department. I picked up some ammo (6.5 Creedmoor) that was $.10 cheaper than say Academy.
    It also depends on what you are looking for, but for example, $700 for a Radical 5.56 AR is ridiculous when you look at Primary Arms who normally has it for $520.00.

JohnWayne10XX

Smooth is Fast
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2022
    Houston, TX
    $520 is ridiculous for a Radical 5.56 AR.
    I'm not gonna disagree, My nephew picked one up and put a Burris RT6 on it.
    I helped him mount it using an American Defense Recon mount with QDs. I torqued the whole thing to spec tightened up the QDs, and after 6-10 rounds it was on steel at 100yds. Swapped to paper to fine tune and the best we could get from it was 3.5 MOA at 100yds with some Hornday SST. I put it in a vise and the group only shrunk to 2.5 MOA. I was not impressed.
    I tore it all the way down and reassembled and torqued everything to spec+. Barrel nut included. Same results.
    Swapped my BCM BCG into it, same results.
    The barrel is just not there.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I haven't purchased anything at a gun show in over a year. If the vendors can't beat the prices of the local gun shops, I'd prefer to buy locally. With over priced ammo and reloading supplies the gun shows have been a waste of time.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I went to the gun show in Abilene last weekend (26 and 27 February). 6.5 Grendel ammo was $60 a box of 20. Primers (not bench rest) were $150 per 1k. Federal .22 LR 325 count was $50 a box.

Lever action rifles - even .22s - started at $1200. RIA 1911s were over $800.

Several of the vendors I knew from previous sales said they had a very good show as far as sales.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I think I’ll go to Humble and Conroe next weekend to see what they look like. If nothing else, it gives me something to do. Beside, chicks in cammo are sexy and I see a few of them on each trip :D

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Federal .22 LR 325 count was $50 a box.

Lever action rifles - even .22s - started at $1200. RIA 1911s were over $800.
    Whoa! My local Walmart had 325 round boxes of Federal for about a month straight priced at $21, I wouldn't sell my 1951 Marlin 39A "peanut" for less than $1200, and I must have ONLY paid half price for my RIA.:laughing:

Top Bottom