• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    how many of you have come away from a gun show with a surprise or finding something you didnt expect?

last year, i went to the Dallas Arms collectors gun show - i was looking for another o/u 12 guage shotgun so I'd have 2 at the trap range - which would allow one of my sons to shoot with me

i found a guy at a table that was selling his fathers gun collection - the father had died....he had a browning that was exactly what i was looking for...it was in really good condition and we bartered to a price that i was comfortable with

later after getting home - i started doing some research - trying to figure out when it was made, etc

discovered it's a Superposed Lightning made in 1964, a year after I was born...the stock was cut in the past and has been rebuilt so thats the only flaw - the rest of the gun is VERY clean

anybody have any similar gunshow experiences?
    Texas SOT

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I walked into the show in Abilene a couple months ago, just trolling for a good deal and to visit the local range's booth. There are never good deals at that show, but for $5, why not go browse?

Second table was a private seller with a clean Sig P228, with box, a couple magazines, instructions, everything. I talked him down to $475. Can't tell you how many threats of theft and even bodily harm some people have sent me for getting that deal!

C

CabbitOne

Best thing I've even come across as a gunshow was a COP Derringer.
    COP%2B357%2Bmultiple%2Bbarrel%2Bfirearm%2Bhandgun%2Bpistol.jpg

^ Image not mine.

Not exactly rare, but very cool imo. Sucks to shoot.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Best thing I've even come across as a gunshow was a COP Derringer.
    COP%2B357%2Bmultiple%2Bbarrel%2Bfirearm%2Bhandgun%2Bpistol.jpg

^ Image not mine.

I had a friend that was obsessed with these. It was .357 magnum if I remember.

At the Pasadena show, I spied a SCAR 17 in FDE, immediately bought it. I had several people try to buy it from me before I even paid for it. Apparently several folks had trolled past it and were looking to see if there were any more, before buying. Their loss....

Top Bottom