• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    how many of you have come away from a gun show with a surprise or finding something you didnt expect?

last year, i went to the Dallas Arms collectors gun show - i was looking for another o/u 12 guage shotgun so I'd have 2 at the trap range - which would allow one of my sons to shoot with me

i found a guy at a table that was selling his fathers gun collection - the father had died....he had a browning that was exactly what i was looking for...it was in really good condition and we bartered to a price that i was comfortable with

later after getting home - i started doing some research - trying to figure out when it was made, etc

discovered it's a Superposed Lightning made in 1964, a year after I was born...the stock was cut in the past and has been rebuilt so thats the only flaw - the rest of the gun is VERY clean

anybody have any similar gunshow experiences?
    Capitol Armory ad

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I walked into the show in Abilene a couple months ago, just trolling for a good deal and to visit the local range's booth. There are never good deals at that show, but for $5, why not go browse?

Second table was a private seller with a clean Sig P228, with box, a couple magazines, instructions, everything. I talked him down to $475. Can't tell you how many threats of theft and even bodily harm some people have sent me for getting that deal!

C

CabbitOne

Best thing I've even come across as a gunshow was a COP Derringer.
    COP%2B357%2Bmultiple%2Bbarrel%2Bfirearm%2Bhandgun%2Bpistol.jpg

^ Image not mine.

Not exactly rare, but very cool imo. Sucks to shoot.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Best thing I've even come across as a gunshow was a COP Derringer.
    COP%2B357%2Bmultiple%2Bbarrel%2Bfirearm%2Bhandgun%2Bpistol.jpg

^ Image not mine.

I had a friend that was obsessed with these. It was .357 magnum if I remember.

At the Pasadena show, I spied a SCAR 17 in FDE, immediately bought it. I had several people try to buy it from me before I even paid for it. Apparently several folks had trolled past it and were looking to see if there were any more, before buying. Their loss....

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom