• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Citizens' RIGHTS to self-defense should never be subjugated to anyone's "property rights" ! Nor to irrational fears of bureaucrats !
    leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine

One big problem I see there, is that, in any anti-2A city, a prosecutor will repeatedly say "brandishing" to a jury, no matter how carefully & non-threateningly a weapon is displayed. Also I learned to carry ONLY a revolver while in AZ. Thanks for posting.
    leVieux

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    So a property owner shouldn't have any rights according to you?

Novel idea.
    I did not read that in what was said. If someone is on your property and is armed, I would think you have the right to ask them to leave, not necessarily the right to disarm. One can ask what one wants, but the bottom line is if they are on private property, they can be asked to leave by the owner, etc.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I did not read that in what was said. If someone is on your property and is armed, I would think you have the right to ask them to leave, not necessarily the right to disarm. One can ask what one wants, but the bottom line is if they are on private property, they can be asked to leave by the owner, etc.

I took it to mean a business or a company, not allowing either employees, or customers not being prohibited from carrying firearms within the premises.

Too many times, people are confusing "public" with "private" in regards to property. WalMart is open to the public, and the public shops there, but, it's still private property.

Too many times I have had this discussion over the years, that too many think their right to carry, to defend themselves over-rules a property owner's rights to limit or prohibit the carrying of firearms on their property.

Texas Sig

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    The places I just retired from specified in the employee manual, no firearms on the premises including the parking lot. Considered a Federal facility. I parked off premises, pistol in a locked, cabled pistol vault. When there’s a will . . .

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019

Many of such people, push the narrative, that their right to carry and to defend themselves, trumps the rights of the property owner to prohibit the carrying of weapons on their own property.

For the most part, I have to side with the rights of the property owner being greater, simply because, of other rights that can be infringed upon if the rights of the property owner are not upheld and respected by laws that protect a property owners rights.

I have also held the belief that any place, that prohibits the carrying of weapons, whether it be a place I might shop, or might be employed, I have the right to make a decision as a customer or as an employee, as to how I deal with such prohibitions. I can shop somewhere else, and I can work at place that doesn't restrict my abilities to defend myself if needed. There are always choices we can make. Each person has to make their own.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The places I just retired from specified in the employee manual, no firearms on the premises including the parking lot. Considered a Federal facility. I parked off premises, pistol in a locked, cabled pistol vault. When there’s a will . . .

Welcome to TGT.

In no way, am I saying or suggesting anyone break state or federal laws that prohibit the carrying of weapons.

But yes, a person can find alternatives to such policies. Your's is a good one.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas

Federal facilities actually owned or leased by the federal government allow firearms in the parking lot (at least it's not a federal crime to have them). Defense contractors and banks and companies that think they are federal facilities, but are not, cannot prohibit employee firearms in their parking lots. And they are not supposed to fire you for having one, but they may make up a reason.

Top Bottom