Capitol Armory ad

Gun Bans Imminent or is America Really Just Stronger Than Ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here's my newest blog post on my feelings about the current state of the country in light of the recent gun control blitz:

Gun Control Reality Check - Current State of America | Dillo Dynamics

So what do you think? Personally, I've had just about enough. I remember the '08 election, and I remember how it really messed with my emotions and just kind of took the wind out of me. Plenty of days just felt "under siege". I'm sick and tired of feeling that way, and I'm choosing to look at the positive throughout all of this. In reality, I think it is very encouraging to see so many gun owners standing up, arming themselves, improving their stockpiles a bit more every day, and just generally being the same rebellious types that founded this great nation.
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I read it earlier on Facebook and shared it. Thought you had done a great job.

There is also some great advise in the article.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Here's my newest blog post on my feelings about the current state of the country in light of the recent gun control blitz:

Gun Control Reality Check - Current State of America | Dillo Dynamics

So what do you think? Personally, I've had just about enough. I remember the '08 election, and I remember how it really messed with my emotions and just kind of took the wind out of me. Plenty of days just felt "under siege". I'm sick and tired of feeling that way, and I'm choosing to look at the positive throughout all of this. In reality, I think it is very encouraging to see so many gun owners standing up, arming themselves, improving their stockpiles a bit more every day, and just generally being the same rebellious types that founded this great nation.

Read it and shared on FB. Good read. And yeah, like I said in a fairly blunt manner in another thread, I am personally DONE recognizing or acknowledging the legitimacy of any more governmental violations of the 2nd Amendment. Take that for what its worth but if we're all being labeled as criminals anyway, what difference does it really make. Washington and Chicago progressive liberals do not like us, our kind, our culture, or our way of life. And I don't like them either. They are not my fellow Americans, not my countrymen, and I will have as little to do with them as I possibly can. They are the enemy.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    One hell of a read. This definitely calmed me down a bit. The focus of this article is what I think about when I find myself with a blown top, due to the new attacks on our 2A. The only thing I didn't like was, "Invasion of privacy much". These trendy internet phrases are getting silly. Don't want to leave off on a bad note though. I think this needs to be posted on many other forums and published in magazines, or anything els that will get more views. Do I have your permission to post a link on other forums I frequent?

claimbuster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Rowlett, TX
    Don't forget what you learned in your 9th grade political science class about amending the Constitution.

Amending the Constitution: The Meaning of Article V

Not an easy task.

However, having said that, we have been fortunate with all of the Supreme Court's recent decisions on the Second Amendment. The worry could come if the balance of the Court should change and that is a very real possibility.

BTW, while posting this I got an email from CTD outlining that they are selling guns again. In my most eloquent fashion I told them in a reply why I am no longer a customer theirs. Join me if you share my feelings about Dumber-than-Dirt.

Last edited:

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    They are not my fellow Americans, not my countrymen, and I will have as little to do with them as I possibly can. They are the enemy.

UUUUUUUUUHgreed. Anybody who is willing to go against the principals in which this nation was founded and try to tare apart the documents that made her the greatest nation on earth, does not deserve to be here and should be exiled. Those people are dangerous to the life span and morals of our republic. For the first time in my life I feel segregated and hated by people whom I do not even know. I am fearful that my children will grow up to be slaves and subjects. I know that if we don't stop this machine dead in it's tracks, IMMEDIATELY, every sacrifice made would have been in vain. It would be my honor to spill my blood amongst the patriots who have already watered the tree of freedom.

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    OK - I've posted a petittion on WhiteHouse.gov to wit -

Whereas the Constitution of these United States secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms in lawful defense of their homes, person, property, and state we the undersigned petition the President of these United States to abstain from taking any executive action infringing upon the people's ability to effectively exercise that right.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    OK - I've posted a petittion on WhiteHouse.gov to wit -

Whereas the Constitution of these United States secures the right of the people to keep and bear arms in lawful defense of their homes, person, property, and state we the undersigned petition the President of these United States to abstain from taking any executive action infringing upon the people's ability to effectively exercise that right.

Link?

AlamoMIA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Arlington, Texas
    Sorry, no link - I neglected to copy the URL .

My petition isn't up yet - guess they have a screening procedure.

There are plenty of other similar petitions. Use the petition filter for " firearms" related.

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm impressed with a couple of things: attendance at gun shows, and the nationwide run on the purchase of guns, magazines, and ammunition. Plus the increase in applications for concealed carry permits. It's difficult to spin all that as an endorsement for gun bans. We hear lots of words from the political elite and the news media, but that talk is cheap. A lot of people are expressing their views through their purchases. But I'm cautious about translating a Texas attitude into a national attitude. I expect that there are regions of the USA where a majority would endorse a gun ban.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    One hell of a read. This definitely calmed me down a bit. The focus of this article is what I think about when I find myself with a blown top, due to the new attacks on our 2A. The only thing I didn't like was, "Invasion of privacy much". These trendy internet phrases are getting silly. Don't want to leave off on a bad note though. I think this needs to be posted on many other forums and published in magazines, or anything els that will get more views. Do I have your permission to post a link on other forums I frequent?

Yeah, sorry about that. I hate the internet "speak" also, but sometimes it comes out of my keyboard anyways. ;)

Yes, please feel free to post this anywhere you'd like. I'd appreciate it!

Thank you all for the kind words. I am glad to hear that it has helped some of you put your minds at ease a bit more. Obviously, we're still facing quite a bit of threats to our civil rights, and it's quite a bit more this year than some years past, but they're always trying this nearly every year. I remember what it was like back in '08, just having that overbearing feeling of dread that something bad was coming. Most of the media does one thing, one thing only, and they do it very well. They DIVIDE us. Once you're divided, it's easy to start feeling like YOU are facing all of these things alone. That is just a lonely, difficult, dreary way to live life, and I know what it feels like, so I'm glad to have provided some relief to a few people, if only a bit of relief. We are strong, and ultimately we will win as we are Americans and civilian gun ownership is the truest form of the original American ideal. It may come at costs, and things may get worse before it comes, but we WILL win.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I don't think panic buyers are "ideal" gun owners but with proper training and respect for their weapons, we are building a stronger America, one armed citizen at a time. I am also proud to see so many step up and support the NRA, TSRA and 2A causes. We will have a louder voice in the future and it will be heard.

Top Bottom