• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texasrho83

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2024
    TX
    Just enrolled in the Guardian program and submitted an order for a Lazarus 6 (Xeno). Says orders can take up to 12 mos to fulfill :eek:

What's anyone's personal experience with the program? Feedback welcome - good or bad. The 35% off MSRP is too good to pass up, imo. I'm also in the Capitol Armory (SPEQ) program but the can I wanted has been OOS on their site for eons.

TIA!

Attachments

• Lazarus 6.png
      Lazarus 6.png
      627.4 KB · Views: 23

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I heard from a very reliable source that suppressors actual have 3 tier retail pricing. I heard this after I started the process on 3 more suppressors. This pricing structure is why dealers are happy with product transferred from the major suppliers.

alexng30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2016
    Why's that?
    Their Sierra 5 can had a REAL big issue with the internal baffle stack failing (read: shattering into a bunch of little pieces). This in and of itself was not initially a terrible issue since Dead Air, up until then, was well known for being very responsive and having top notch customer service, and people were pretty confident that DA would make things right.

For some reason, after this incident, they pretty much did a complete 180 with regards to their company philosophy and became super slow to respond to customer service issues or not responsive at all. Where they were previously very engaged with the community on multiple forums, they pretty much had rolled all that back. Outside of technically still accepting RMA's, they effectively went radio silent. All of this happened in the middle of their new release having a pretty glaring flaw (refer back to the exploding baffle stack). And sadly, it still seems like they really haven't had a return to form yet. There are alot more reports now of people having to wait months for repairs on their cans for QC issues, as well as CS still being iffy with regards to communication.

Furthermore, Dead Air cans were never really all that impressive in terms of performance. That being said, they were the "easy" buy for new NFA guys getting into the scene because they were good enough, well made, and you could be confident that you were going to get taken care of should any issues arise. Without that leg to stand on and the good will of the NFA community, there's not much that they offer that other companies can't beat them out on with regards to either price, performance, or sometimes both. Really the only compelling option they offer is their Wolverine for AK's, but the entire point of that product is mainly just predicated on AK manufacturer's, for some reason, not being able to have concentric muzzle threads even if their lives depended on it.

texasrho83

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2024
    TX
    Their Sierra 5 can had a REAL big issue with the internal baffle stack failing (read: shattering into a bunch of little pieces). This in and of itself was not initially a terrible issue since Dead Air, up until then, was well known for being very responsive and having top notch customer service, and people were pretty confident that DA would make things right.

For some reason, after this incident, they pretty much did a complete 180 with regards to their company philosophy and became super slow to respond to customer service issues or not responsive at all. Where they were previously very engaged with the community on multiple forums, they pretty much had rolled all that back. Outside of technically still accepting RMA's, they effectively went radio silent. All of this happened in the middle of their new release having a pretty glaring flaw (refer back to the exploding baffle stack). And sadly, it still seems like they really haven't had a return to form yet. There are alot more reports now of people having to wait months for repairs on their cans for QC issues, as well as CS still being iffy with regards to communication.

Furthermore, Dead Air cans were never really all that impressive in terms of performance. That being said, they were the "easy" buy for new NFA guys getting into the scene because they were good enough, well made, and you could be confident that you were going to get taken care of should any issues arise. Without that leg to stand on and the good will of the NFA community, there's not much that they offer that other companies can't beat them out on with regards to either price, performance, or sometimes both. Really the only compelling option they offer is their Wolverine for AK's, but the entire point of that product is mainly just predicated on AK manufacturer's, for some reason, not being able to have concentric muzzle threads even if their lives depended on it.
    Well, should I cancel my order?

mp_tx

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Austin
    Not sure they will ever recover from that fiasco. DA CS was so cocky and chatty before the mass failure, and then went radio silent and pissed off the NFA community. You can try your luck, but like Cheaper Than Dirt, they are dead to me. So many other comparable suppressor companies out there that will actually return emails and phone calls, and not block you or send demand letters threatening libel/slander from their shit products and shit solution.

Top Bottom