• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Does anyone use a after-market set of grips (the ones that go over the original) on their XD .45s? I am buying a gun this weekend...did not know if I needed to look at grips as well.

Thanks!
    Gun Zone Deals

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't recommend using anything like those rubber slip on grips. Those things can move around on you when shooting. What I would recommend more than that is having someone do some stippling to the frame, if you feel you need anything done to it. A good stipple job will make the gun significantly grippier (lol is that even a word) and less likely to move around in your hands. If you do decide you want something like that, check out Dale at GripReductions.com, he does excellent work.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I use Traction Grips and while it does improve your grip, if it touches any part of your skin it will rub it raw! I use an IWB under a t-shirt during the summer and can feel the "difference."

Also, some folks make their own using skateboard grip tape; but for $8 it's almost worth just buying the Traction Grips!

I have a Hogue rubber grip on my Taurus PT709 and am not overly thrilled with it. I needed something to improve the grip on that pistol, and it works; but I would never consider it for my XD Service.

Cheers! M2

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    If you want a cheap solution go to your local Home depot and pickup some 3M outdoor strips they are like grip tape but not as rough.

stainone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    temple,texas
    F0011C.jpg
    i seen a guy on xdtalk put this on his grip i tried it on my xd tac just in front under trigger gaurd and rear back strap....works ok if you don't like it you can peal it off .i did put some on my center consol of my truck to keep my phone from sliding around

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Beautiful guns stainone. Damn, would love to own some great-looking guns....still building the collection at this point. Heck, these are the rewards for deployments! Thanks for the tips all of you.

Top Bottom