• ...and so much more!
  • andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    yeah, they were good people. I think Covid killed their business
    No it wasnt that. They packed up and left without informing the property owner. A friend of mine talked to the property owner who said they made all payments on time and then they disappeared one day and close up shop. He'll owner finance the building and land for 500k down if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Hurley's Gold

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    FYI: Shoot Point Blank has three ranges in the greater Houston area: Webster, Cypress, Humble. The link in the OP's post takes you to the Cypress location.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Thanks. I'll have a look when I get back home to my desktop.

ETA - Fixed.

Last edited:

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    My daughter shotgun team used to practice there but flooding was an issue during heavy rains and caused some equipment damage.

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    Hotwells in Cypress no longer has rifle and pistol services. As of now, the skeet range is still open.

Hotwells Range Update
    I saw that a while back, not sure what they are "planning" per the video, but I don't think they are going to survive on skeet alone. That said, on my way into work one morning last week, I did see three or four concrete trucks waiting on the train to enter Hotwells. Maybe they are building some baffles for the pistol/rifle ranges?

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I saw that a while back, not sure what they are "planning" per the video, but I don't think they are going to survive on skeet alone. That said, on my way into work one morning last week, I did see three or four concrete trucks waiting on the train to enter Hotwells. Maybe they are building some baffles for the pistol/rifle ranges?
    I am not sure about that in regards to not surviving on skeet alone. They have multiple shotgun teams including my daughters plus they have constant leagues and then the average shooter comes . They are always packed on all days of the week.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    In post #1 of this thread, the change in status of Hotwells to HW Range and Training was made quite a while ago. I believe it was done in the aftermath of the accident, a tragedy that was thoroughly discussed here and here and touched on here and here. There are also a number of other threads on the board discussing various topics having to do with Hotwells.

If there are any errors in the OP, please let me know either here or via PM. We're trying to keep the first post in this thread as authoritative when it comes to Houston metro area shooting ranges.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I don’t see Renaissance Shooting Club listed. It’s on 1774 north of Magnolia. It’s private but very reasonably priced. I spent all afternoon there with my son today.
    The listings are supposed to be for everything within 50 miles of downtown Houston. That place is a bit outside the radius being documented in this thread. However, I see no reason to be pedantic about it. I went ahead and added it to Post #1.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Are there any members of the Tomball Gun Club who could clue us in on the current status of the club? I know they're working with the county and have plans to extend their back berm very high so as to shield the county recreation area of some sort that's supposed to be built behind them. I notice they now have trap shoots at the club, which is new since the last time I checked. It just seems like a lot has changed and I'm out of the loop.

Specifically,
    • Are the wait times for membership still measured in years?
    • What sort of pistol competition do they (irregularly) hold? (ETA: The info on the web site mostly answers this if you dig far enough.)
    • Does it look like the club is going to survive? I think most of us thought encroaching development would have killed it by now.
    Since I live nearby, I'm just curious.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Are there any members of the Tomball Gun Club who could clue us in on the current status of the club? I know they're working with the county and have plans to extend their back berm very high so as to shield the county recreation area of some sort that's supposed to be built behind them. I notice they now have trap shoots at the club, which is new since the last time I checked. It just seems like a lot has changed and I'm out of the loop.

Specifically,
    • Are the wait times for membership still measured in years?
    • What sort of pistol competition do they (irregularly) hold? (ETA: The info on the web site mostly answers this if you dig far enough.)
    • Does it look like the club is going to survive? I think most of us thought encroaching development would have killed it by now.
    Since I live nearby, I'm just curious.
    The silence indicates that they may be a secret society.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    The silence indicates that they may be a secret society.
    All I know is that a club member pretty much has to die for an opening to be available and then it's invite only.

I hope they make it because that range will have to deal with serious encroachment issues all around it. PSC and Bayou are dealing with the same and spending significant amounts of money to make sure stray rounds don't leave the club property.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    All I know is that a club member pretty much has to die for an opening to be available and then it's invite only.

I hope they make it because that range will have to deal with serious encroachment issues all around it. PSC and Bayou are dealing with the same and spending significant amounts of money to make sure stray rounds don't leave the club property.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk
    Yea, their website states:

prospective members must be sponsored by two current members in good standing​

so, if you don’t know a couple of members, you shit out of luck.

Top Bottom