• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Would anyone that competes in state matches be able to explain to me what the "Governor's 20 list" is and what it means?

I competed in the state Smallbore Silhouette championship in Austin this past weekend and made the Governor's 20 list for both Standard Rifle and Hunter Rifle, but I have no idea what it is.

Anyone know?

Governors20

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Austin
    I heard of civilian matches that have a Governors 20, but since I only shoot Military matches I dont have any info on how it's done or what the criteria is on the civilian side. I assume the top 20 in the state championship get the title

You had to shoot pretty good to get the award, so congrats!

Last edited:

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    It was the Texas Smallbore Silhouette state championships this past weekend. I'm classified as "AA" in both Standard Rifle and Hunter Rifle (although I use the same rifle for both, as do most folks).

I won first place on Saturday and tied for first on Sunday, causing a sudden-death shoot-off on Rams (100 meters out). She missed, I hit, so I won.

TXstateCertificates.jpg

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    It was the Texas Smallbore Silhouette state championships this past weekend. I'm classified as "AA" in both Standard Rifle and Hunter Rifle (although I use the same rifle for both, as do most folks).

I won first place on Saturday and tied for first on Sunday, causing a sudden-death shoot-off on Rams (100 meters out). She missed, I hit, so I won.

TXstateCertificates.jpg

Very excellent.

Top Bottom