• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Good luck with the sale. The market is hot and has been for a long time. Houston may be a little softer than it has been because of weakness in oil prices. But, hopefully, yours will sell quickly and for a good price.

Do you already have your land where you are gonna move to?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Good luck with the sale. The market is hot and has been for a long time. Houston may be a little softer than it has been because of weakness in oil prices. But, hopefully, yours will sell quickly and for a good price.

Do you already have your land where you are gonna move to?
    My house lost $133K after Harvey because of all the house that went on the market after flooding. Mine never did. I bought it thinking it was a tear down because the location. I'll still make good money even loose the $133K.

I have been looking all over mainly East Texas. I'm actually waiting on my realtor to wow me. I have known her 22 years so hopefully she has an idea what I want. The wife wants to be closer to her elderly parents, but that's not really a factor for me. They live in Teague & her father has kin around there. There is 47 are in Teague that would be fine if I wanted cattle, but I really don't.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My house lost $133K after Harvey because of all the house that went on the market after flooding. Mine never did. I bought it thinking it was a tear down because the location. I'll still make good money even loose the $133K.

I have been looking all over mainly East Texas. I'm actually waiting on my realtor to wow me. I have known her 22 years so hopefully she has an idea what I want. The wife wants to be closer to her elderly parents, but that's not really a factor for me. They live in Teague & her father has kin around there. There is 47 are in Teague that would be fine if I wanted cattle, but I really don't.

You'll like East Texas. I moved to Tyler for college and fell in love with that area. The area around Palestine and Sulphur Springs is beautiful too.

One of these days, I'm going to get back there.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    You'll like East Texas. I moved to Tyler for college and fell in love with that area. The area around Palestine and Sulphur Springs is beautiful too.

One of these days, I'm going to get back there.
    Got friends in Palestine eye balling 3 places around there. Tyler's taxes are a bit steep, and I absolutely know why.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Got friends in Palestine eye balling 3 places around there. Tyler's taxes are a bit steep, and I absolutely know why.

I wouldn't live right in Tyler, especially if you want land and privacy. There's a lot of little towns around it. Gladewater is one that caught my eye. It's a small town just outside of Longview, close to a small lake, and have very little crime. The police chief came to speak to us for one of my classes. He's very involved in the community and his department is a fantastic example of community policing. It's just a nice little community.

Chandler and Troup seemed ok too. Chandler is right on the banks of Lake Palestine. IIRC, there was a shooting range there too.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    There are many great and smaller towns in East Texas. I live not far from Palestine and Elkhart. They are alright. Not great, but not bad. Many of the smaller towns and communities around Lake Palestine are going to be expensive.

Teague is a pretty decent area to move to. Lots of nice smaller towns west of interstate 45. Just depends on what you are looking for.

If I can be of any help, just ask.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I wouldn't live right in Tyler, especially if you want land and privacy. There's a lot of little towns around it. Gladewater is one that caught my eye. It's a small town just outside of Longview, close to a small lake, and have very little crime. The police chief came to speak to us for one of my classes. He's very involved in the community and his department is a fantastic example of community policing. It's just a nice little community.

Chandler and Troup seemed ok too. Chandler is right on the banks of Lake Palestine. IIRC, there was a shooting range there too.
    There are many great and smaller towns in East Texas. I live not far from Palestine and Elkhart. They are alright. Not great, but not bad. Many of the smaller towns and communities around Lake Palestine are going to be expensive.

Teague is a pretty decent area to move to. Lots of nice smaller towns west of interstate 45. Just depends on what you are looking for.

If I can be of any help, just ask.
    Teague is where her parents live so no way. You familiar with this address? 4477 Acr 103, Elkhart, TX 75839 No land but the place caught my eye.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Know right where you're talking about. Anywhere is OK. Nuff said. Welcome! You won't believe about getting around town in 20 minutes. Almost everywhere beats the big cities! When?

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Teague is where her parents live so no way. You familiar with this address? 4477 Acr 103, Elkhart, TX 75839 No land but the place caught my eye.

Just within a couple of miles from me. It's in the southern part of Anderson county. Fairly rural area, but you can still be in Palestine in about fifteen minutes.

Top Bottom