• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    A friend of mine sent this in an email. I don't know if this has already been on here, but I like it:

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX Nov 18, 2010

Put me in charge . . .
    Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash for
    Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans, blocks
    of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak
    and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
    Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligations. Then, we'll test
    recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and
    piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get
    tats and piercings, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?
    You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your
    "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
    inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and
    your own place.
    In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week or
    you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash,
    painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell
    your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers
    and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
    the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules.. Before you
    say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider
    that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing
    absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least
    attempt to make them learn from their bad choices.
    The current system
    rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
    AND While you are on Gov’t subsistence, you no longer can VOTE!
    Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will
    voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov’t welfare
    check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Now, if you have the guts - PASS IT ON...

I love the Texas solution....it is so simple!!

Capitol Armory ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Good job MS. Started with 381 words, pared it down to 13 and yet retained the original meaning.

I like both the above.

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    Agreed...just like the email stated, it used to be demeaning to have to recieve welfare. Now, there are people who think it is their right...and they're creating a whole new generation that thinks that is the way to live.

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    I have to add one thing, though. Poverty will always be around, but welfare does not have to be. Those who can work, should work...or do without. Local communities should take care of those who CANNOT TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES, and there should be no government input.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Good job MS. Started with 381 words, pared it down to 13 and yet retained the original meaning.

I like both the above.

I borrowed a bit from Ben Franklin.

I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.

I have to add one thing, though. Poverty will always be around, but welfare does not have to be. Those who can work, should work...or do without. Local communities should take care of those who CANNOT TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES, and there should be no government input.

Very true. There is no objective way to measure what constitutes "poverty". A hundred and fifty years ago, poverty meant that you were living in a shack, a shanty or even a house dug out of the earth, that the only clothes you owned were the ones you were wearing and you had to procure every single calorie with your own hands. Today the majority of what we call "poor" eat food that someone else cooked, drive cars, have TVs and game consoles and decent housing.

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller

Well said ,could'nt agree with you more.

DBDawg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Mont Belvieu, TX
    I keep thinking back to a picture that came out not long after the Obummers invaded our White House. It was a pic of the Mrs. handing food out to "poor" people. The thing that caught my eye was the lady she was handing a bag of food to...she had a cell phone in her hand that was better than the one that I had. How can you be poor and afford the best cell phone on the market? The enabling needs to stop.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I keep thinking back to a picture that came out not long after the Obummers invaded our White House. It was a pic of the Mrs. handing food out to "poor" people. The thing that caught my eye was the lady she was handing a bag of food to...she had a cell phone in her hand that was better than the one that I had. How can you be poor and afford the best cell phone on the market? The enabling needs to stop.

We had some guy come to the shop and plead his case on why he needed a break on his bill because he's broke.

He showed up in his wife's Jag. And the car I was working on was an Audi TT. He's "broke" because he and his wife are in college.

I didn't go to college because I grew up in a family that didn't have money for it. Not that I probably would have gone. I drive an $800 car and eat ramen for lunch most days.

This little prick wouldn't know broke if I beat him over the head with it, which I'd like to.

My point? People are whiners and need to be told to STFU more often.

leonidas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2010
    Plano
    You truly are a Sage, Sage!

Look at the UK and those rioters. I love Ann Coulter's line that "all those disabled citizens are now coming out and looting". I think the politicians who support welfare should be the first to feel it's wrath when the welfare citizenry doesn't get their way anymore.

I really like the idea of surrendering your vote if on welfare - that would cure some of the welfare policies being held in place.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    The problem is the definition of "poor". I recently hired a "poor" single mom of three. She is so "poor" that she donates plasma for extra cash. Since she is poor, she gets assistance. Cheap housing. Cheap childcare. Food stamps. Etc. She frequently uses this assistance to buy food and such for others in return for cash, alcohol, and electronics. I think she end up with more discretionary income than I do. Lets see...I drive a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am. I just spoiled my wife with a low mileage 2006 Chrysler Town & country. This "poor" mother drives a 2008 Cadillac CTS. She has a bigger flat screen than I do too. So "I" wouldn't call her poor. "I" would be fine with the above changes. She would have a a heart attack or an epiphany. <shrug>

The systems is broken, but you all know that.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    Surrendering your vote while on welfare. I like that... I also like mandatory drug testing BEFORE money is given. Offer people on Welfare a one time payment in return for a voluntary vasectomy or hystorectomy.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    When i got hurt i was off 6 mos,and when i got laid off
    I was so shamed to take that money. Momma
    And i are cash poor, just like My man M. Sage
    We drive a 2001and 02 car and truck we have 2 girls
    And the grand baby here,just like 100% of us here
    We git up every day and tow the rope.
    I agree with the E-mail 100% these people
    Are robbing us with out a mask or a gun

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When i got hurt i was off 6 mos,and when i got laid off
    I was so shamed to take that money. Momma
    And i are cash poor, just like My man M. Sage
    We drive a 2001and 02 car and truck we have 2 girls
    And the grand baby here,just like 100% of us here
    We git up every day and tow the rope.
    I agree with the E-mail 100% these people
    Are robbing us with out a mask or a gun

Oh, they're using guns alright.

Domineaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Houston
    Awesome and I would totally vote for it! And yup, if you receive welfare/food stamps/public housing you shouldn't be able to vote!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Awesome and I would totally vote for it! And yup, if you receive welfare/food stamps/public housing you shouldn't be able to vote!

I can get behind that. Would prevent politicians from having such an easy time buying votes with our money and it would make it harder for people to vote themselves free money. Sometimes I wonder why we let government employees vote. I'm not a fan of having anybody that gets a paycheck from the government vote on how it runs.

Jemplayer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm not a fan of having anybody that gets a FREE paycheck from the government vote on how it runs.

FTFY

Those in the military deserve a vote, hell their's should count several times since it's their ass getting sent to be shot at.

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Remember that in the beginning one must be a land owner to get the vote. The reasoning is that the founding fathers thought that a voter should have a dog in the fight.

Also, the welfare program started out more as work-fare. Government money was not free. One had to build roads, parks, bridges, and dams.

History teaches us that we don't learn from history. We made these mistakes before and we will make them again. Nice sentiment, though.

---
    - -Glen, Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Also, the welfare program started out more as work-fare. Government money was not free. One had to build roads, parks, bridges, and dams.

It needs to go back to this instead of the way it is now. If you are able-bodied and collecting a free government check then you need to get out there and work for it.

Top Bottom