Patriot Mobile

Good motorcycle service shop San Antonio?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Guys, figured Id come here for some help/advice... Just bought me a new bike (09 CBR) and not too super familiar with the service shops in San Antonio, looking for just a simple oil change and a good once-over/checkup on the bike... can anyone recommend a good shop/service center in San Antonio for me, preferably northwest SA, and not looking to pay dealer prices...
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Avoid Alamo CyclePlex, overpriced and hamfisted mechanics. I've heard Joe Harrison is good bit it's over on the NE side of town.

There were two decent shops right off Braun Road but the first moved over towards Ingram Park Mall and the other simply closed down and became a karate dojo.

There is a guy at ~7320 Tezel Road (just south of the Stetson Bar and Silent Oaks Rd) running a shop out of some storange units there, he's right along Tezel so it's easy to find him. There are always sportbikes parked out front but I have not heard anything good or bad about it. It might be worth checking out, he sure doesn't have a lot of overheard so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Otherwise, I'd ask over at SAN ANTONIO'S SPORTBIKE FORUM; I'm a member over there but it's been a while since I was active on that site. They are good folks but a bit hooliganish if you know what I mean.

Cheers! M2

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I've seen a motorcycle shop off 281 between Rhapsody and Nakoma (wetmore Rd?) Never been there myself but it seems busy.

That's Cycle Rider....good folks, but mechanical work.......I dunno. Haven't been in there in probably 7 years, but that's because I didn't like the way they did a tire replacement for me (unimpressed with the "skill" level shown for a shop that's reknown for doing tire replacement). Might mention that prior to that, I'd had at least 10 sets of tires replaced (front and rear) there. New mechanic....didn't like what I saw.

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    appreciate the info guys.. I was actually looking on craigslist at some bike stuff yesterday and someone went on there and blasted the guy on Tezel rd.. apparently it was really shady stuff, and he cracked the guys engine by overtightening a bolt and then refused to pay for it... so Ill prob skip him for the time being.. google-fu found me Big Harrys custom shop or something like that off culebra and seems to have good reviews...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Bear in mind that you're getting one side of the story on the crack....I've seen folks that will blame ANY problems on a mechanic, even though they didn't even TOUCH that part.

LS1Nut

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yea i hear ya there, and generally Im always willing to give the benefit of the doubt to people in that situation... UNTIL the guy commented back on the guys post.. Ive never seen a more ridiculously worded, mis-spelled, cuss filled rant than the one he posted in defense of himself.. and didnt deny it either.. now THAT made me not want to bother..

alamogeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    San Antonio
    I just started using R&R Cycles in Converse. They did a 5,000 mile service for $175 and even discounted my tire installation since they had the bike up already. It is in that business park across from the Valero on FM 78.

In and out in 3 hours also.

Top Bottom