• sobi1998

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Take my money!

https://www.stagarms.com/right-handed-rifles/

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Stag rifles seem to hold their value. I built a frankenrifle last year with a stag upper and aero lower. I saw a stag AR on the used rack at cabelas listed at $900!! It’s hit or miss, but keep in mind cabelas likes to price gouge. My buddy got a seemingly brand new rock river carbine for $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

2sam22

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Georgetown, TX
    Stag rifles seem to hold their value. I built a frankenrifle last year with a stag upper and aero lower. I saw a stag AR on the used rack at cabelas listed at $900!! It’s hit or miss, but keep in mind cabelas likes to price gouge. My buddy got a seemingly brand new rock river carbine for $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stag dropped off my radar after the ATF issues. Glad to see they're still around.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I keep looking back at this. I have a Model 29 so I shouldn't buy it but I can't quit looking. It's such a good deal on a nearly perfect do-almost-everything handgun. If I had to choose just one centerfire repeating handgun for the rest of my life, this would be on my (very) short list.

Somebody talk me out of it. Please.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I keep looking back at this. I have a Model 29 so I shouldn't buy it but I can't quit looking. It's such a good deal on a nearly perfect do-almost-everything handgun. If I had to choose just one centerfire repeating handgun for the rest of my life, this would be on my (very) short list.

Why? We should be talking you in to it.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Okay, buy it and I'll try to talk you out of it.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy

You came to the wrong place to get talked out of it. That only proves that you don't want to get talked out of it. :)

I've been eyeing the 3" SS one.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

The only downside is that it cant shoot magnums like the 29 can. That said, 44 spl is a dream to shoot and the GP100 is a fine revolver. That price is very low too

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The only downside is that it cant shoot magnums like the 29 can.
    Yeah, but as a practical matter you can't shoot .44 Special unless you reload; it's too costly. However, if you reload it's up to you if you want to look at old load data that was, at one time, widely recognized as safe yet substantially exceeded factory power levels.

Or you can load it all the way down to "shoot it in your living room" levels with wax bullets.

And .44 Special revolvers tend to be a bit more svelte while doing all that.

And...oh, crap...I'm supposed to be talking myself out of this thing... :(

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Yeah, but as a practical matter you can't shoot .44 Special unless you reload; it's too costly. However, if you reload it's up to you if you want to look at old load data that was, at one time, widely recognized as safe yet substantially exceeded factory power levels.

Or you can load it all the way down to "shoot it in your living room" levels with wax bullets.

And .44 Special revolvers tend to be a bit more svelte while doing all that.

And...oh, crap...I'm supposed to be talking myself out of this thing... :(
    Meh you only live once. Just do it

Top Bottom