• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    For those who missed it, there may be hope.

Posted by SGAmmo:

Posted: Today 8:22:44 PM EDT

I think I am going to be able to get 6 or 7 more pallets next week, the last of what was imported in this shipment, stuff that was supposed to go to the the importers store in NH. Other than that there may be a shipment in a few months, I am not sure though I said the same thing in April 2015 and has to wait a 13 months

Coming Soon - 1000 round case Golden Tiger 7.62x39 FMJ BT $234.95 + 22 Shipping - Page 5 - AR15.COM

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Just an update:

SGAmmo put up a pallet yesterday, but it sold out. However, I read this over on AR15 that they posted. Figured it was possibly good news as to it's availability.

Coming Soon - 1000 round case Golden Tiger 7.62x39 FMJ BT $234.95 + 22 Shipping - Page 5 - AR15.COM

I saved one pallet that i was going to keep until i could confirm another shipment is leaving the factory, and from what i hear the Russians are looking to make up for lost time and next 3 containers are ahead of schedule, already getting loaded at port in St Petersburg so i may get more late this month and I will probably release that last pallet in the 100 lot listing as well, maybe even tomorrow on tuesday the 2nd or wednesday the 3rd. So there is a shot at small quantities this stuff this week, then by the end of the month I should have the next shipment which I believe will saturate the market and sit in stock for 3 to 6 weeks. After that we are hoping to see more shipments this Fall around September. Of course none of this is set in stone, whatever happens happens, I just deal with it as it comes

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I Have some, but honestly I haven't done any comparisons with it. Most who have will tell you it is a better performing round.
    It's sealed like the Golden Tiger, so it seems to store well and some do reload it.

I wouldn't even know where to get berdan primers to reload that stuff.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    I am sure other forums would be better off at pointing you in the right direction. Though I don't reload, I swear I've seen Berdan primers from Tulammo.

As long as there is reasonably priced ammo or available re-loadable boxer primed brass it wouldn't be worth the extra effort it would take just to deprime those cases. I don't have anything in 7.62 x 39 at this time in any case. Used to have a bolt action in that caliber but had it re-chambered to 30 Bench Rest.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    As long as there is reasonably priced ammo or available re-loadable boxer primed brass it wouldn't be worth the extra effort it would take just to deprime those cases. I don't have anything in 7.62 x 39 at this time in any case. Used to have a bolt action in that caliber but had it re-chambered to 30 Bench Rest.

As I posted in the original post some reload, I don't, so which primer is used is not a factor for me. Those that do reload them is suppose have their own reasons for doing so, but their reasoning is their own, I never thought much about it. I like GT because it is sealed in both the neck and the primer, over all other factors.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    As I posted in the original post some reload, I don't, so which primer is used is not a factor for me. Those that do reload them is suppose have their own reasons for doing so, but their reasoning is their own, I never thought much about it. I like GT because it is sealed in both the neck and the primer, over all other factors.

Looks like a good deal all in all if you don't mind the extra effort required for clean up after using it. I've used corrosive in 7.62 x 54r and 7.62 x 51 and it was decent shooting ammo.

Top Bottom