• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    Long story short, the stock sight on my girlfriend's 10/22 doesn't work at all. I have it set to the highest position and it still dives into the dirt. Is there a cheap/easy solution to this? She doesn't seem privy to a scope of any sort.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I don't see how that is possible ... how far are you shooting? Is she familiar with iron sights? Are you sure they are flipped up all the way?

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Not trying to be mean, but can she shoot? How far are you from the target? Have you tried shooting the gun? Aside from that, I'd call the people I bought the gun from and see if they'll fix it. Then I'd get a gunsmith to put whatever sight I wanted on the gun.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    What range are you shooting at ? The stock sight usually sits around the middle at 30-50 yds. I assume this is a completely stock 10/22 ? I have heard of aftermarket heavy barrels having "barrel droop" but never a stock one. An aftermarket stock, like the "bullpup" version would probably throw the sights way off too. Are you shooting subsonic or other low-velocity ammo ? That stuff will always place low at all ranges. If it is a new, unmodified factory gun, I would send it back to ruger. If you are shooting it at over 200yds, it will probably put em' in the dirt every time with a stock sight, so if that's the case, then just get closer to your target. Hope some of this info helps - Texmex

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    Not trying to be mean, but can she shoot? How far are you from the target? Have you tried shooting the gun? Aside from that, I'd call the people I bought the gun from and see if they'll fix it. Then I'd get a gunsmith to put whatever sight I wanted on the gun.
    Yea, I thought the same thing at first... but didn't say anything. I've shot the gun, her brother has another one and it's spot on at the same distance (50yrd). I've shot it, tried adjusting the sight as high as I could (I kept double guessing myself, wait, am I going higher or lower) and I got it closer, but still a good 3ft off at 50yrds. I just got off the phone with her, and luckily she bought it at cabela's. She has the receipt, how receptive would they be to me bringing it back 7 months after purchase? It may have fallen or something, she has no case for it.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yea, I thought the same thing at first... but didn't say anything. I've shot the gun, her brother has another one and it's spot on at the same distance (50yrd). I've shot it, tried adjusting the sight as high as I could (I kept double guessing myself, wait, am I going higher or lower) and I got it closer, but still a good 3ft off at 50yrds. I just got off the phone with her, and luckily she bought it at cabela's. She has the receipt, how receptive would they be to me bringing it back 7 months after purchase? It may have fallen or something, she has no case for it.

Tell you what ... bring the gun to me at work (Red's Indoor Range South) on either Friday, Sunday, or Monday and I will take a look at it. I'll go shoot it and see how low it's printing and if we can figure something out. Ask for Alan.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Gererally speaking most big brand stores have a "no return policy. . . go to the manufacturer for repairs." I am unfimiliar with Cabelas in particular.

Good luck.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Tell you what ... bring the gun to me at work (Red's Indoor Range South) on either Friday, Sunday, or Monday and I will take a look at it. I'll go shoot it and see how low it's printing and if we can figure something out. Ask for Alan.

Can't beat that deal!

Top Bottom