• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    I've never done this before so I am a little worried. I know it will get shipped to a local FFL. I'm worried about what I do if there is something wrong with the gun, etc? I could like be buying an old Vaquero but get a Taurus, lol.
    Target Sports

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i bought from a dealer in Utah - and returned the gun for some defects - got a full refund (minus the transfer fee)

i'd go FFL to FFL if I were you, and i'd make sure that you have an agreement with the seller that a refund is available if you arent satisfied

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If the seller is a regular there, I'd say you'll likely do fine. I've bought and sold all over the country (bought more than sold), and have never been disappointed.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    If the seller is a regular there, I'd say you'll likely do fine. I've bought and sold all over the country (bought more than sold), and have never been disappointed.

Thanks, yeah he has a lot of post on that forum and his profile says he's retired so he seems pretty trustful. Does it cost more on the sellers end to ship by FFL? Isn't that the only way for them to ship anyways?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Okay - so you'll need an FFL on your end. Preferably one that will accept a shipment from an individual - makes it less expensive. Do your due diligence on the purchase side, and ah'll bet yer gonna be fine!

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    you could go threw ffl to ffl so at least they know what your getting
    i'd go FFL to FFL if I were you, and i'd make sure that you have an agreement with the seller that a refund is available if you arent satisfied
    I'm not sure why "ffl to ffl" keeps coming up. A dealer has no interest in watching out for you - they're just in it for the transfer fee.

They're not going to check if it's stolen (that's illegal), either.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    Then what good is using PP doing ya? Yer gonna pay a fee to use it without any protection - in fact, if you DO try to raise any kind of issue w/the transaction, yer account is gonna be locked tighter'n a virgin's knees.
    true the only way i would do it is if the buyer wanted to put it on a credit card

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    If the buyer wants to put it on a credit card, he needs to buy it elsewhere. I'm not a retailer, nor a financial institution. Show me the MONEY - not a credit card that can be reversed later.

texasislandboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    SA
    If the buyer wants to put it on a credit card, he needs to buy it elsewhere. I'm not a retailer, nor a financial institution. Show me the MONEY - not a credit card that can be reversed later.
    the way i think about it is the same way my dad does anything over 300$ goes on a credit card and gets airline miles hell i have two free trips already!

Top Bottom