• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Well, here it is. Pretty good shape I think. Got me some insurance today, will register tomorrow and look for a Safety course so I can get my license!

104_0507.jpg
    Target Sports

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Nice bike - you'll have a ball w/it!! Enjoy! Here's one of mine....

View attachment 6441
    Very nice. Got a great deal on a helmet, gloves and two jackets yesterday. Took it for a spin around the neighborhood. Only tried to put my foot down (motocross style) when turning once. Lovin it so far!!!! Got my dad wanting a bike again, so we are going to look at one today.

Awesome bike and trailer!!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Watched the Pheonix supercross last night. Damn it made me miss my KX125!!!!!! We need to get a break from rain and cold so I can ride this Shadow!!!!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Congrats on the bike! Now you get to curse the weather every weekend between now and April... :banghead:

And so you are right. I have got to ride it once and it started to rain just as I got back home!!! Oh well, taking the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend, so I should get plenty of riding in the rain done.....glad it is not on my bike!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A guy I worked with in Oklahoma had a Honda 750. We worked in maintenance and were right by the personnel gate and at quitting time we hustled out with 4000 people right behind us. The guy with the 750 lit that thing up every day and went Hellin' out of the parking lot. One day, he fired it up, burned out, did two complete revolutions in a tight circle and crashed in a heap.

I asked him the next day what the heck happened. Fork locks were common security items then. You put the fork in a hard left and locked it there. He fired that bad boy up, dumped the clutch and burned out with the forks locked! It was pretty friggin' spectacular!

Flash

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    A guy I worked with in Oklahoma had a Honda 750. We worked in maintenance and were right by the personnel gate and at quitting time we hustled out with 4000 people right behind us. The guy with the 750 lit that thing up every day and went Hellin' out of the parking lot. One day, he fired it up, burned out, did two complete revolutions in a tight circle and crashed in a heap.

I asked him the next day what the heck happened. Fork locks were common security items then. You put the fork in a hard left and locked it there. He fired that bad boy up, dumped the clutch and burned out with the forks locked! It was pretty friggin' spectacular!

Flash

That made me laugh out loud!

Chris.Blaschke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Richmond
    I prefer adventure bikes for their dirt bike like ergonomics, higher seating position and pack-mule like carrying capacity. Cruisers just seem so uncomfortable to me after a while. Whatever you decide on, come on over to Two Wheeled Texans and join in the fun. My latest bike is on the left.

1.gif

I agree on the Adventure bike. They are like a cross between dirt, sport and touring bike. People ride them across unbelievable terrain. They handle the twisties like a sport bike with power steering. You can load them up with all your worldly possessions and ride them across the country like a touring bike, but still not be afraid to find out where the next gravel road leads.

As for Lonestar, I highly recommend them. They are a great place and the gentleman on the right side, Robert, is the guy to talk to!

Top Bottom