• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Sometimes all that's left is stand back and record the Youtube video......

8pm dark out and I see a Suburban parked, hazards on, busy six lane road and they were pointed uphill.

I go up the road, park safely on a side street, walk to the Suburban carefully and tell the woman, teen daughter and 4 year old they should get out of the car.

They get a bit offended.

They tell me help is on its way.

I argue with them a bit more and start walking away.

Half way walking to my car guess what happens?

My adrenaline dumps when I hear the crash and I turned around to rush back to see how bad things are.

They seem ok and finally decide to get out of the SUV.

The guy who hit them is drunk.

The teen, carrying the 4 year old, goes INTO the street to check the damage then INTO the street to get is license plate.

I get a bit yelly at her.

They are still wanting to argue things WERE safe and it's the drunks fault.

The drunk is trying his best to NOT involve police and when that doesn't work he drives off.

The teen, kid in one hand cell in the other with police.

I decide they don't want my help and with a kind reminder to stay out of the street I leave the situation to the professionals because .......... I figure at best I'm dealing with the story of a con artist and a drunk.

Next time I wont leave and I'm going to video the car and at least make money posting the youtube video.

Here's where they were parked.

https://goo.gl/maps/IzUwR
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Idiots.

BTW, need to edit. You got part of the story double posted in there.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I argue with them a bit more and start walking away.

Half way walking to my car guess what happens?

My adrenaline dumps when I hear the crash and I turned around to rush back to see how bad things are.
    I'm sure you did your best advising them.

Some people just don't (refuse to?) recognize the dangers in a given situation.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Sounds like you did the right thing by trying to help. Sometimes it is all we can do, try.

And remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

Mike1234567

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    South Texas
    On the topic of driver (and passenger) stupidity: Several years ago I witnessed two young ladies experience a front tire blowout. The driver slammed on the breaks setting the car into a spinout. The car stopped with the front-end angled slightly to the left just slight off-center of the middle of the right lane. The front left wheel was located nearly at the center stripe. What did they do? They got out to change the tire right there in the middle of the highway. Oh... and their vehicle was just the other side (downward slope) of a hill so they were invisible to 70+ MPH oncoming traffic. Oh... and it was after sunset. Oh... and they turned off their lights and didn't use flashers nor did they raise the hood. I suggested they move their car onto the shoulder as far to the right as they could and farther down the hill before changing tires and to be very watchful of oncoming vehicles. I also told them to raise their hood and turn on the emergency flashers. They did so. Had I the time I would have stayed to help but I was already late for an important meeting. I was so annoyed at their ignorance I probably would have said something rude anyway.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I think of Strother Martin in Cool Hand Luke. "some..men..you ..just can't ..reach"

Top Bottom