• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    I would be VERY suspicious of dependability issues. Nothing has changed about the functionality of the pistol beyond the recoil spring, which has increased considerably in pull weight. This translates to people that have poor grip will have far, far more short stroke issues.

I took a bunch of pics and will post them tomorrow.

I worked the GSSF match in Carrollton both days at the beginning of the month and saw quite a few Gen 4 17s come through the 5toGlock station. I saw more then a few have short stroke issues with shooters with poor grips or who were limp wristing, especially in younger and smaller women shooters. Talked to the armorer, the GSSF rep, and the regional LE sales rep and they said that Glock is aware of the problem and are working on a fix. The problem seems to be the recoil spring set is designed for the Model 22 and the .40 S&W round, so its a little to stiff for the 9mm and makes the gun very touchy and more susceptiable to poor grip or weak ammo.

Having said that I put about 200 rounds through one and liked it a lot. Put one on my things to buy list in the near future.

malladus

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    The problem seems to be the recoil spring set is designed for the Model 22 and the .40 S&W round, so its a little to stiff for the 9mm and makes the gun very touchy and more susceptiable to poor grip or weak ammo.

I see, that makes alot of sense. Our Gen 4 G17's spring is wearing incredibly fast, we've contacted Glock and they are replacing it. Sounds like Glock put the cart before the horse.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Stick with the Gen 3 Glocks and avoid the Gen 4 like the plague for the time being (if it's intended to be a defensive gun). I'm sure Glock will come out with some sort of fix soon. I'm thinking they'll change at least one of the dual springs to a lighter spring as they just seem to be a little bit too over-sprung.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Stick with the Gen 3 Glocks and avoid the Gen 4 like the plague for the time being (if it's intended to be a defensive gun). I'm sure Glock will come out with some sort of fix soon. I'm thinking they'll change at least one of the dual springs to a lighter spring as they just seem to be a little bit too over-sprung.

I concur ... the Gen 4 22 might be good to go, but I certainly would avoid the 17.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    wowzwers.
    guys liek the one pictured give me hope of working in a gun store ;)
    i hate shaving!

threadbare

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    driftwood
    I picked one up from those Red's guys about a month and a half ago. I left the slide retracted for three days before shooting it and have run around 1200 rounds so far. A lot of wallyworld federal, 2 boxes of 124 gr gold dot, and a bunch of 115 gr steel case monarch from Acadamy. One handed, two handed, contact (holding or bracing the slide with the muzzle contacting whatever your shooting). Have not had any malfunctions so far, but I am still worried because of all the bad reviews. I guess I wont completely trust this gun until maybe 3k rounds or so.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    The new Gen 4 Glocks have a new textured frame, now you can switch the Mag release left or right and have the new dual spring recoil springs and you have a choice of differant size back straps. This will explain it better than me my friend: G T Distributors Product Detail

TheLandYacht

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Nice trigger discipline, there. If that won't get you a date, nothing will.

8.jpg

Gen 4 not guaranteed to get you a date. (Co-worker shows it off)

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Pull pin throw, then hit the dirt. You couldn't run me fast enough to give me one of those worthless pieces of junk.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

So have the reliability issues been solved by now?

@Rifleman; lemme guess. You're 1911 all the way?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Holy thread resurrection Batman!

So have the reliability issues been solved by now?

@Rifleman; lemme guess. You're 1911 all the way?

Yes. For my Gen 4 G17, that I had over a year ago, and my current Gen 4 G19. I will not hesitate to buy another Gen 4 Glock.

and LOL @ "worthless pieces of junk". For being so shitty, they sure are used quite a bit!

Top Bottom