• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UseeMeMANE

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Houston
    I like some Glocks. I currently own two Glock 19s and a Glock 26. Have had several others including: two Glock 30s, a Glock 17, Glock 21 and two Glock 19 GEN5 pistols; those two being the only GEN5 pistols I have owned and that I will probably ever own. Once I realized that detail stripping a Glock 19 GEN5 meant the high probability of losing the slide lock spring and even if not losing it that it would be a major pain in the neck to put back into place, I sold those two GEN5s. Besides that, because Glock was not selling/shipping parts to folks during part of the Covid BS, I had to buy springs on eBay for about $25.00 apiece shipped. Glock refused to send me one even though I was an Advsanced Glock Armorer at the time. When one of the supervisors who works in the assembly room at Glock USA told me he could not send one and that no one at Glock could get that spring back in place easily and that at the end of the day they swept up around 30 of them from the floor, it was time for me to say screw that design monstrosity. I sold the two GEN5 pistols without delay. The two Glock 19s I own now and my Glock 26 are all GEN3 pistols.
    Wow so I have a G22 40s/w but mines shoots great gen 5 btw
    Military Camp

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I like the finish on the Gen 4 barrels much more than the Gen 5’s, but I have and like both.

Gen 5 is an upgrade in .40 S&W due to updated slide.

Chewbacca7685

Certified Golf Cart Driver
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Toss that glock in the trash you'll never miss it after you buy something else. Anything else I'm not a brand snob.

I dunno man. I’m not really a Glock fan either. In my case I tried to go with just about anything else this time when looking for a good edc, at least when it comes to polymer framed striker guns. My criteria was mid to full size, reliable of course, fully ambidextrous, decent trigger, sights etc. out of the box. I like to run bone stock. Also wanted it to be an all purpose kind of gun that I can carry, out on the nightstand and use for preparedness. So plentiful cheap parts and mags were a bonus.

Glock was my last choice but HK is pricey though the VP9 was the runner up in my process this time. Felt great in the hand. Liked the sites but couldn’t get past the price. M&P felt like a turd in my hand. FN is pricey and the 509 isn’t exactly a mind blowing innovation. Though I’d love to get my hands on an FNX-45. The XDm series seems to have dropped off the map though I haven’t researched why and I’m not doing the micro thing so the hellcat is out. Im not a CZ polymer guy. P80 is just a knock off Gen3 glock. Shadow systems guns are pricey. There will be a Canik in my house in a couple of weeks to we’ll see how that compares directly. (This is my opinion based on research and past experience, ymmv).

That just left Glock and Sig. I’ve shot several Glocks of course and used to carry a gen3 21. My experience with Sig is rather limited as I just haven’t gotten to handle them. I’ve always wanted a P226 legion though. When the P250 came out I bought one because I liked the thought of the modularity but instantly regretted it. The dao trigger was garbage. The gun felt like a turd in my hand. I think it made it to the range twice and got traded off. I know the P320 was the answer to that problem but I’ve never shot one and it wasn’t yet on the market at the time. I’d love to try one eventually.

The Glock 19x won out for me. Great capacity, night sights, trigger isn’t bad for a Glock at least better than they used to be, I can get mags for $10-$13 from magpul so I can stock up. Soft shooter. Lots of replacement parts if needed though I don’t feel the need to upgrade anything. Full size grip that I can still conceal with the 17rd mag, and with the right shirt I can run the 19rd as well. Compact slide. No flared magwell. I like the tan peanut butter color and nPVD finish on the slide. Came with a 17rd and 2 19rd mags and some back straps though I’ve chosen to run without em. I can run this on the nightstand, iwb, owb on a range belt etc.

Would some guns on the above list be better? Maybe. But if I grabbed a P320 or a VP9 or another quality polymer gun tomorrow would it be so much better as to unseat the 19x from my hip at this point? I very much doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    I really like(ed) all my Glocks past and present.

I am not a fan of the .40S&W. I have always viewed it as a perfect solution to a non existent problem.

The above said, I would look for a 27 or a 23 in whatever generation fits you best. Then buy a 9mm conversion barrel. You can still use the .40 cal mags with no problems.

Main benefit is that you end up with 2 (or 3 if include .357Sig) cartridges to choose from. Secondly, .40s are not in hot demand like they sometimes were. Therefore, your price differences between a 26 and a 27 or 19 and a 23 often cover the cost of the conversion barrel.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    I dunno man. I’m not really a Glock fan either. In my case I tried to go with just about anything else this time when looking for a good edc, at least when it comes to polymer framed striker guns. My criteria was mid to full size, reliable of course, fully ambidextrous, decent trigger, sights etc. out of the box. I like to run bone stock. Also wanted it to be an all purpose kind of gun that I can carry, out on the nightstand and use for preparedness. So plentiful cheap parts and mags were a bonus.

Glock was my last choice but HK is pricey though the VP9 was the runner up in my process this time. Felt great in the hand. Liked the sites but couldn’t get past the price. M&P felt like a turd in my hand. FN is pricey and the 509 isn’t exactly a mind blowing innovation. Though I’d love to get my hands on an FNX-45. The XDm series seems to have dropped off the map though I haven’t researched why and I’m not doing the micro thing so the hellcat is out. Im not a CZ polymer guy. P80 is just a knock off Gen3 glock. Shadow systems guns are pricey. There will be a Canik in my house in a couple of weeks to we’ll see how that compares directly. (This is my opinion based on research and past experience, ymmv).

That just left Glock and Sig. I’ve shot several Glocks of course and used to carry a gen3 21. My experience with Sig is rather limited as I just haven’t gotten to handle them. I’ve always wanted a P226 legion though. When the P250 came out I bought one because I liked the thought of the modularity but instantly regretted it. The dao trigger was garbage. The gun felt like a turd in my hand. I think it made it to the range twice and got traded off. I know the P320 was the answer to that problem but I’ve never shot one and it wasn’t yet on the market at the time. I’d love to try one eventually.

The Glock 19x won out for me. Great capacity, night sights, trigger isn’t bad for a Glock at least better than they used to be, I can get mags for $10-$13 from magpul so I can stock up. Soft shooter. Lots of replacement parts if needed though I don’t feel the need to upgrade anything. Full size grip that I can still conceal with the 17rd mag, and with the right shirt I can run the 19rd as well. Compact slide. No flared magwell. I like the tan peanut butter color and nPVD finish on the slide. Came with a 17rd and 2 19rd mags and some back straps though I’ve chosen to run without em. I can run this on the nightstand, iwb, owb on a range belt etc.

Would some guns on the above list be better? Maybe. But if I grabbed a P320 or a VP9 or another quality polymer gun tomorrow would it be so much better as to unseat the 19x from my hip at this point? I very much doubt it.

Okay we have all been there and done that. Maybe I'm just a fortunate one but I can grab pretty much any hand gun and shoot it and learn to like it and make the same claim. But I don't.
    The two guns I wouldnt bother to try to love are the Glock and the HighPoint. Case dismissed!

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Okay we have all been there and done that. Maybe I'm just a fortunate one but I can grab pretty much any hand gun and shoot it and learn to like it and make the same claim. But I don't.
    The two guns I wouldnt bother to try to love are the Glock and the HighPoint. Case dismissed!

I guess that’s the thing on my end. I didn’t want to learn to like anything. I learned to like the Taurus I had when it was all I had. I wanted to make sure I looked forward to shooting my next one. I don’t think anyone can learn to like a hipoint though. Unless you practice throwing it down range lol.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Toss that glock in the trash you'll never miss it after you buy something else. Anything else I'm not a brand snob.
    I know what you are saying, but I have many different handguns. My favorites are my CZs, but for EDC it's my Glocks.

And now back to the OP. I have gen 2,3, and 4. I know nothing about the get 5s, but all of the older generations have performed perfectly for me. I don't imagine the 5s are any different.
    Find a range with rentals and try them out for yourself. Choose from what you learn hands on, not from the opinions of others.

Chewbacca7685

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Mission
    Gen 5 can handle the new Glock Performance Trigger which is an improvement over a lot of even aftermarket triggers for Glock. One of the best ones you can get right now, but only works with certain Gen 5s.

My only issue with the “Glock Performance Trigger” is why not put that in the damn gun to begin with? I thought about getting it for my 19x but I like keeping my carry gun stock, even if it is a factory part….that should already be in the gun lol.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My only issue with the “Glock Performance Trigger” is why not put that in the damn gun to begin with? I thought about getting it for my 19x but I like keeping my carry gun stock, even if it is a factory part….that should already be in the gun lol.

The performance trigger is fully tensioned, and the glock has no manual safety

Top Bottom