• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I like some Glocks. I currently own two Glock 19s and a Glock 26. Have had several others including: two Glock 30s, a Glock 17, Glock 21 and two Glock 19 GEN5 pistols; those two being the only GEN5 pistols I have owned and that I will probably ever own. Once I realized that detail stripping a Glock 19 GEN5 meant the high probability of losing the slide lock spring and even if not losing it that it would be a major pain in the neck to put back into place, I sold those two GEN5s. Besides that, because Glock was not selling/shipping parts to folks during part of the Covid BS, I had to buy springs on eBay for about $25.00 apiece shipped. Glock refused to send me one even though I was an Advsanced Glock Armorer at the time. When one of the supervisors who works in the assembly room at Glock USA told me he could not send one and that no one at Glock could get that spring back in place easily and that at the end of the day they swept up around 30 of them from the floor, it was time for me to say screw that design monstrosity. I sold the two GEN5 pistols without delay. The two Glock 19s I own now and my Glock 26 are all GEN3 pistols.

<>

Thank you, THANK YOU !

I had been wondering, as we need a couple G26’s now. The LGS Guys couldn’t give a good detailed explanation like yours above.

leVieux

<>

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    <>

Thank you, THANK YOU !

I had been wondering, as we need a couple G26’s now. The LGS Guys couldn’t give a good detailed explanation like yours above.

leVieux

<>

I don't know about that post...I have a hard time believing much of it.

I do like the gen 3's (the model most companies are now copying like mad) bu I also like the Gen 4 and really like my Gen 5 G19.

If I were buying another G26, I'd buy a gen 5. My current G26 is a Gen 4.

If you do buy a G26, buy a few of the Magpul 12 round Glock mags. They are excellent!

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    <>

Thank you, THANK YOU !

leVieux

<>
    I've put 2 gen 5's through over 30,000 rounds each.

Not once did i feel there was a need to remove the slide stop spring, even after the guns got covered in mud, soaked in saltwater, etc.

The gen 3 and 4 can be assembled incorrectly, and the slide lock spring and slide stop springs are far more durable than the gen 3/4, as well as the slide stop itself

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I don't know about that post...I have a hard time believing much of it.

I do like the gen 3's (the model most companies are now copying like mad) bu I also like the Gen 4 and really like my Gen 5 G19.

If I were buying another G26, I'd buy a gen 5. My current G26 is a Gen 4.

If you do buy a G26, buy a few of the Magpul 12 round Glock mags. They are excellent!
    <>

Yes, I have one of those mags in my EDC.

<>

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I've put 2 gen 5's through over 30,000 rounds each.

Not once did i feel there was a need to remove the slide stop spring, even after the guns got covered in mud, soaked in saltwater, etc.

The gen 3 and 4 can be assembled incorrectly, and the slide lock spring and slide stop springs are far more durable than the gen 3/4, as well as the slide stop itself
    Yep.

And a new one can be bought for $10

Karver17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2023
    Roanoke, TX
    I would generally stay away from gen4s as they were short lived with far less aftermarket than gen3 or gen5.
    Unless you're looking for something specific go for a glock 19 or 23, I don't think there's that big of a difference between the gen3 and 5 to matter, either one will go bang every time just hold both in your hands and buy the one that feels better to grip.
    Also you are required to shoot 1000 rounds before you even think about buying an aftermarket part for your glock. Golden triggers and fancy cut slides do not make you a better shooter.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I would generally stay away from gen4s as they were short lived with far less aftermarket than gen3 or gen5.
    Unless you're looking for something specific go for a glock 19 or 23, I don't think there's that big of a difference between the gen3 and 5 to matter, either one will go bang every time just hold both in your hands and buy the one that feels better to grip.
    Also you are required to shoot 1000 rounds before you even think about buying an aftermarket part for your glock. Golden triggers and fancy cut slides do not make you a better shooter.

Seriously?

While Gen 4’s were not a huge improvement over 3’s, the stippling and larger mag release make them a worthwhile upgrade. And they were made from 2010 through today. Aftermarket support is plenty available for whatever parts you want to upgrade. Most of my Glocks are Gen4 and they operate flawlessly and have what I consider the best finish. I’ve made basic upgrades and they are excellent blasters.

Gen 5’s removed the finger grooves, changed the barrels, and made the gun fully ambidextrous for lefties. And more MOS models.

Gen 3’s are the most copied for sure. Yes, more aftermarket, especially frames and slides…but then it’s a Glock clone, not a Glock….if that matters.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    What did the op get the ban hammer for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure it happened here....

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Internal parts are pretty much universal between generations 1 thru 4, except the recoil spring assembly - however utilizing a $2 adapter, you can run a gen 1-3 recoil assembly in a Gen 4 without problem.

Gen 4 introduced us to the MOS guns, and saw the finish change from tenifer to the current finish used today.

The grip texture is superior on the Gen 4 over any older generation of guns, as is the magazine release. As someone cursed with stumpy thumbs and fingers with big palms, older gen guns require me to install an extended magazine release button that gets melted to make the gun worth a damn. The gen 4 is perfect the way it is from the factory in that regard.

The only two things a gen 4 *needs* - to me - are the extended slide stop lever, and a magwell. The magwell thing is something I got accustomed to this year, and won't run a Glock without one now. I've got the MagPul magwell on all of my Glocks, along with factory extended slide stops.

Gen 5 guns to me are a step backward - they're essentially a gen 2 with a few tweaks - they went back to a two pin setup from three pin, they eliminated finger groves, and they made the frame a tad fatter around the locking block. Oh, and for some reason they had to make the 40 cal slides fat like Glock 37 slides now, so no backward compatability for holsters and such. Such an improvement - said no Glock owner ever. Lefties probably like the right side slide stop, but I dunno, since I'm not a lefty. Other guns I've run with them haven't been in the way or been much of a feature.

Glock should innovate on the gen 6, go to an actual modular (chassis) system, and ditch button releases for the HK type paddle mag release, that'll break the Glock world :roflfunny:

The gen 4 had some teething issues early on, but they got worked out.

But hey - at least with gen 5 you can play built a bear Glock by buying a Glock 19 and 47 and swapping slides around. Or a Glock 49 and a 45. Maybe they'll bring out a mullet gun in .45ACP next.

Revrent

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2024
    Desoto
    I have a few Glocks (ok more than a few). I totally understand those that do not like them but for me they are a good fit. I thought I would start a collection of 17s last summer and then realized I like shooting them and not just to have them to look at but by the time I realized that I had a 17 gen1 OEM, 17 gen1 classic, 17 gen2, 17 gen3, 17 gen4, and 17 MOS gen5. I also have the 19MOS, 34MOS, 44, 45MOS, 47MOS and I just purchased a 26MOS. I have owned a 48MOS but found the slimline a bit to snappy for me. I also had a 40 for a short period of time but ammo for it was to expensive during the lockdown. I had a 17C and 19C for a short time. I was looking at a 49 yesterday but that does not offer a blue label discount so I am holding out. You know now that I look at this list it does appear that I have some sort of addiction but I can quit anytime I want.

Have a great day
    John

Top Bottom