• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Stole this from FB..

"There are 5 reasons you should NEVER use a product from GE (General Electric).

1. The current Jobs Zar is the CEO
    2. They have more jobs in China than the USA
    3. They pay ZERO corporate Taxes
    4. They own NBC/MSNBC

Everything this admin needs to socialize the country in one company...

GE Capital is the financial services unit of General Electric, one of five major units. Its various divisions include GE Aviation Services, GE Real Estate, GE Energy Financial Services, GE Money, and GE Commercial Distribution Finance. Oh and GE Health"

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, GE is tied in pretty tight with the Obama admin. Not surprised.

They actually get money when they do their taxes instead of paying in. No different than the leaches who aren't willing to work IMO.

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I have a GE captital card from when I had lasik done. Looks like I'll be paying off the balance and canceling as soon as possible.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    GE Capital Cuts Off Lending to Gun Shops - WSJ.com

Well then.. Why don't we start an investment fund, funded by gun owners like us, to make sure these companies can get the money they need to make the weapons we want.

Im kinda joking, but fairly serious. I dont see why this wouldn't be feasible.

Feasibility isn't the issue, it's understanding what they actually did, which is not what you're taking about.

They had a tiny little consumer financing business (high interest for those that can't afford to buy what they're buying and don't have their own credit) that other financial businesses have done away with already. They cut that tiny part of the business, but not the big box stores where the consumer financing is a whole lot of profitable and used for a whole lot more products, and higher ticket items too.

If Mom and Pop shops can't sell guns without having a big name financing companies consumer finance program to offer, they need to rethink their business. It was 75 shops that were effected.

ATX_Shawn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Austin
    Feasibility isn't the issue, it's understanding what they actually did, which is not what you're taking about.

They had a tiny little consumer financing business (high interest for those that can't afford to buy what they're buying and don't have their own credit) that other financial businesses have done away with already. They cut that tiny part of the business, but not the big box stores where the consumer financing is a whole lot of profitable and used for a whole lot more products, and higher ticket items too.

If Mom and Pop shops can't sell guns without having a big name financing companies consumer finance program to offer, they need to rethink their business. It was 75 shops that were effected.

Ah.. well you took all the fun out of my thread.. but thanks for getting us some correct info.

Darryle

Crazy old Coot
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Regardless if it was 1 or 75, if the consumer was paying as agreed, they should have left well enough alone. They didn't yank it from a wife's best friends jewelry store, they have the same type of high interest financing provided by GE Capitol. I have been looking at their clients, Belk for one, me and the wife are refusing to do business with these retailers. At some point the line has to be drawn in the sand, we stand together or we sink alone. In the scope of things, I know this is small potatoes, but it is principle.

Top Bottom