9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.

stuhoevel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    San Antonio
    I listen to Colion Nior on YouTube and I have always disagreed with him when he states the best weapon for home defense is the AR15. I've always thought a pistol or shotgun was sufficient and didn't need to worry about over penetration. Watching that last video, I think a 13 to15 round pistol magazine or a 6 to 8 shell shotgun is outgunned. Now I'm thinking the 30 round AR15 is needed for home defense. But with that video, I think the AR15 might be insufficient.

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I listen to Colion Nior on YouTube and I have always disagreed with him when he states the best weapon for home defense is the AR15. I've always thought a pistol or shotgun was sufficient and didn't need to worry about over penetration. Watching that last video, I think a 13 to15 round pistol magazine or a 6 to 8 shell shotgun is outgunned. Now I'm thinking the 30 round AR15 is needed for home defense. But with that video, I think the AR15 might be insufficient.

78560fb5768b439ad9041d8d82eac8fb.gif

This guy may have a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

Disagree all you want, but a 55gr 5.56 is less of an overpenetration issue than you may believe, especially when you consider specific ammo like Critical Defense or a frangible vs XM193 or XM855.

Add the right ammo to an SBR and the 5.56 AR is a top-notch HD setup. Even more so if you add a suppressor.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Disagree all you want, but a 55gr 5.56 is less of an overpenetration issue than you may believe, especially when you consider specific ammo like Critical Defense or a frangible vs XM193 or XM855.

Add the right ammo to an SBR and the 5.56 AR is a top-notch HD setup. Even more so if you add a suppressor.
    The 5.56 tends to tumble when it hits, reducing the over-penetration. Heck, almost every decent round (pistol or rifle) will go through a couple of walls.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin

I like 5.56 as a defensive round considering walls not being overpenetrated

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The 5.56 tends to tumble when it hits, reducing the over-penetration. Heck, almost every decent round (pistol or rifle) will go through a couple of walls.
    I agree. Anything powerful enough to reliably penetrate a person with a few layers of clothes will "over penetrate".

I like 5.56 for the rifle based platform which is much easier to shoot accurately as much as anything else.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    May have been mentioned but N Dallas has some of this crap going on too

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

This has been ongoing for generations in public housing areas. Just not as widely reported or as brazen. Who here thinks the projects in NYC or Chicago were run by the city and not the gangs???

2 differences with today.

1. The placement of immigrants/projects into suburbia. Nobody gave a crap when it was happening in the inner city. Now that it’s happening at random locations folks seem to care. Hmmmmm.

2. The brazen nature is making it too obvious. Kind of like DNC and communism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom