• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I just reinstalled Insurgency mod from Steam (need to own a Source engine game to play it - HL2, CS:S, etc.) It's older, but that just means it runs great on marginal systems like mine! :D Still a lot of fun, still a good realism shooter.

Fun moment tonight: Haji holed up in a room, guys are debating how best to get him out. I used a SAW, burning ammo before I even hit the doorway. Now that is how you pie a corner, damn it!

Best weapon on the game is the RPK, though...

Download it, play it, let me know. My Steam tag is M_Sage.
    Venture Surplus ad

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Nice, I downloaded insurgency a long time ago but I don't think I have ever played it. I have been playing Borderlands this week and I am totally hooked.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmm i hear alot about this "steam" is it worth it for "marginal system" owners?

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Steam is just a game delivery platform. It allows you download game content directly from the internet and provides content providers an anti-piracy scheme out of the box.

The Valve Source games mentioned above are pretty reasonable on system requirements as the source engine is fairly old now.

What kind of video card do you have?

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Oh man, I haven't logged into steam in at least over a year. Just can't find time for games like I used to. I downloaded Insurgency awhile back but never got around to really playing it. Eternal Silence was my favorite HL2 mod.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    yeah i know what steam is.

ive got a 512 mb geforce 8400 gs

jsut picked up a game (should arrive on the 4th or so) called AC-130 OPERATION DEVFASTATION

remember that level of COD modern warfare where you are shelling that village from above with the IR camera and 120 mm cannons?

from what i could tell from the screen shots, this is a whole game like that.
    >=) should be fun.

also, picked up "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2 Modern Warfighter" or whatever.

it was cool on ps2 but the pc version was supposed to be totally different.

free shipping and 10 bucks a pop, i was going to get some stuff at the stroe with a giftcard, but when i walked in i guess people where having a "returns" frenzy. i jsut left. so i said forget it! i will let them mail the damn things to me. i am not waint in line for 3 hours....

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    If you're looking for a great old school experience from Steam then it's worth picking up the X-COM series for like $10 or $15 off of Steam. Those were some kick ass PC strategy games back in the early 90's.

Top Bottom