Where do we enroll? :laughing:

IMG_2239.jpeg

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County

I know, especially since it's been superseded.

So...because I had a Turbo Encabulator video in my history, YouTube provided me with a rabbit hole to dive down, and I have found the very first version of the Turbo Encabulator technobabble joke...

...from 1944.

Then Time Magazine got in on the joke, in 1946...

In 1962, GE produced a spec sheet for their version of the Turbo Encabulator:

And then around 1977, actor Bud Haggart was doing a training video for Chrysler, and when filming was done he convinced the crew to stick around and record this little skit...in one take.

When Chrysler got wind of what had been done essentially on their dime, they...asked Bud to come back and make a version that was more car-oriented:

Before long, Rockwell got in on the joke, with Mike Kraft and the Retro Encabulator...essentially the same script, better props.

A few years later, Chrysler brought Bud back and gave him an assistant...and a storyline. And they brought Mike in to add to it. This one got a bit silly.

And finally that brings us to the Hyper Encabulator video that I found for the first time today. Mike's back, with better special effects and impressive hand motions.

https://youtu.be/5nKk_-Lvhzo?si=o0PQQfzxITufHpfa

All of this...from a joke in an obscure publication during WWII that few people probably saw...but somehow it's been going strong for nearly 8 decades.

Top Bottom