• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I was delivering a trailer full of IBC totes of roofing membrane material to a contractor at a Walmart who was renovating the Walmart's roof. I parked my rig in the back and went to go find the project manager. When I got back, I had one of these barnacles on my driver's side windshield and a massive chain and lock strung through my drive wheels. The barnacle attaches like a giant suction cup and I couldn't even get the edge of a knife under it.

Walmart hired an outside towing company to manage their lot, with an emphasis on "no semi parking", and the manager of Walmart said that I needed to take it up with them to get unbooted. The tow company demanded $600. So I told the project manager to handle it otherwise I wasn't unlocking the trailer.

It took the roofing company, the tow company and Walmart SIX HOURS to come to an agreement amongst themselves and I got paid delay pay for waiting.

Screenshot_20240909-204212.png

Rafe

Foxtrot Kilo Hotel
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2021
    General Htown Area

Me

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Austin
    They are pulsing the power with switching relays , so not 3 cycles just pulses at certain intervals to control the speed of the rotor , still using 3 windings in the motor some may have 3/6/9/12 poles ina stator to achieve the power output

So not three phase like AC would be but more of a pulse width modulation approach then?

gasgas

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    S Texas
    So not three phase like AC would be but more of a pulse width modulation approach then?
    So to the very basics, yes
    Using a VFD for AC power or already DC power supply converters
    Basically all new motors in HVAC units and lots of compressors have VFD Inverter driven motors , expansion valves with Step motors , which is driving up the cost of all HVAC systems, to satisfy the greenies for energy efficiency, be aware that almost all of these components are manufactured in China or Asia and if they desire to cut off the production, everyone’s HVAC system will be dead without replacement parts . So be very careful who you’re voting for,
    As I here about efficiency standards for the next few years, all HVAC systems will be Inverter designs basically triple the cost and nothing will work without electronic components,
    This senero could cripple the entire country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I was delivering a trailer full of IBC totes of roofing membrane material to a contractor at a Walmart who was renovating the Walmart's roof. I parked my rig in the back and went to go find the project manager. When I got back, I had one of these barnacles on my driver's side windshield and a massive chain and lock strung through my drive wheels. The barnacle attaches like a giant suction cup and I couldn't even get the edge of a knife under it.

Walmart hired an outside towing company to manage their lot, with an emphasis on "no semi parking", and the manager of Walmart said that I needed to take it up with them to get unbooted. The tow company demanded $600. So I told the project manager to handle it otherwise I wasn't unlocking the trailer.

It took the roofing company, the tow company and Walmart SIX HOURS to come to an agreement amongst themselves and I got paid delay pay for waiting.

View attachment 473533
    So, are you reverse cowboying that or are you creating dinglebarries on the nads:roflsmile:

Top Bottom