1713789016681.png
    DK Firearms

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    One of the only problems I ever had with the Conan movie is the henchmen to the right of James Earl Jones reminded me way too much of Tim Conway from the Carol Burnett show, it was so hard to take him seriously.

Once you saw it, you could never unsee it!

Bigguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2024
    Texarkana
    There's probably a better thread to post this, but I can't find it. Mods please move if there's a better place.

The wife and I are rewatching Black Sails. It was originally on Starz. We caught it when in came out in 2014, but we're at an age now that we can watch a show 10 years later and it's almost like seeing it for the first time.
    The show is a dark prequel to the book "Treasure Island." The main character is Captain Flint for whom Silver's parrot is named in "Treasure Island." We also meet Silver before he became Long John Silver, and Billy Bones. By the end of the series we learn the origin of the treasure in "Treasure Island."
    Good writing, great acting, and fantastic sets. It's certainly worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

The opening music is by Bear McCreary and played on a Hurdy Gurdy which gives it a distinctive sound.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/?ref_=ttep_ov

Attachments

• BlackSails.png
      BlackSails.png
      165.2 KB · Views: 43
    Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    There's probably a better thread to post this, but I can't find it. Mods please move if there's a better place.

The wife and I are rewatching Black Sails. It was originally on Starz. We caught it when in came out in 2014, but we're at an age now that we can watch a show 10 years later and it's almost like seeing it for the first time.
    The show is a dark prequel to the book "Treasure Island." The main character is Captain Flint for whom Silver's parrot is named in "Treasure Island." We also meet Silver before he became Long John Silver, and Billy Bones. By the end of the series we learn the origin of the treasure in "Treasure Island."
    Good writing, great acting, and fantastic sets. It's certainly worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

The opening music is by Bear McCreary and played on a Hurdy Gurdy which give sit a distinctive sound.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375692/?ref_=ttep_ov

Good show.
    Watched it back then as well.

Top Bottom